1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

UPS Blew it again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glaspie69, Feb 14, 2008.

1. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Ryan and I ordered some stuff from Rommel at Ultimate frags. Shipped out yesterday afternoon, tracked it this morning and it said it was held over in rockford due to mechanical issues. Called UPS at like 1pm they basically said "oh well" and that it "should" be here tomorrow. I think it's piss poor service to act so unconcerned, makes me realize why I stopped using UPS to ship overnight. Hopfully they unloaded it into a warehouse, if so the 40 hour heat packs should keep it warm enough and everything should make it "crossing fingers".

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Welcome to the corporate attitude. We had a package coming in on Monday. Of course we have been snowed in bad. So the wife called the 1-800 number asking to put it in the mail box or hold it for pick up. Of course she said no so they had to make 2 attempts to deliver first. The wife said fine, come up our lane & then call the tow truck to get him out. I got the depot in Cedar Falls & they thanked me for letting them know so they wouldnt have problems.

3. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have never had luck with UPS. The only time I would use them is if I wanted something crushed or late...

4. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bummer! Hopefully your stuff will make it......Xcrosses fingers X

5. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was worried too when my UPS package hadn't arrived yesterday by 6pm.  I have had a bad track record with getting late shipments and dead corals even with overnight.  My box did arrive at 6:30 pm but I don't think I'll ever trust UPS again.  It's too bad that they don't seem to care at all.

6. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That SUCKS. Hope everything makes it!

7. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's too bad, I think I'm going to wait till spring till I buy coral that has to ship again. I don't trust shippers anymore. I've heard horror stories about each one, and have had my own bad experience with DHL. I hope it all works out for you. The good news is that since it was UPS's mechanical fault and not weather, you can get some of your money back if everything dies. I hope it all lives though!
    -Good Luck!

8. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did your shipment arrive and what is the status?