1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

The odds were crazy but it happened this morning.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnL, Nov 15, 2009.

1. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

[hr]

I bought an Orange Spot Goby and they are known jumpers but I didn't have canopy built yet for my 250g 60x36x27. I had one in my old 125 setup with an open back so I figured he'd be OK for a day or two until I got my canopy built.
    The next day my Son is playing video games about three feet from the tank and he says "Dad I just got splashed with water" So I get up to investigate and see my cat staring at something in a little gift basket on the floor. Sure enough there is the Orange Spot flopping around in the basket. Right away I throw him back in the tank and go buy a roll of plastic window screen.
    I taped it all the way around the top but I cut one small hole with a flap about 1" square so I have a way to feed the fish.
    I wake up this morning and guess what I find on top of the screen next to the hole?....MY Orange Spot!!!
    What are the odds that he would find and jump through a 1" square hole out of 2160 square inches of screen and he did it the first night.
    I hate flushing dead fish but it's even worse when it was a healthy fish that dies in a freak accident.

2. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow...he really wanted out! Sorry for your loss.

--AJ

3. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0

Oh 1 in 2160?
    do I win?

4. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Posted By ruggerkc on 11/15/2009 05:16 PM

What are the odds that he would find and jump through a 1" square hole out of 2160 square inches of screen and he did it the first night.
    Oh 1 in 2160?
    do I win? Yes you win...Come to DSM to pick up your prize. One piece of Orange Spotted Jerky....Better hurry though, I'm not sure how much longer we'll have to be able to retrieve it from the sewer.