1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Tank Tour - November 23rd!

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Chris C., Nov 2, 2013.

1. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0

In the original post, there is a list in RED that shows the people who have thrown their tanks into the hat for the tour. This does not mean we will hit all of them but they are options at this point. Keep posting and letting us know if you are available and then we will try and make a decision down the road. Right now things look like they might be heading towards the west since we were in Des Moines for the last one!

2. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

You can stop at my house also - although most people have already seen it. So, you don't need to work it in the schedule if we have enough other stops.

3. Doubledn

Doubledn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Chris How late will the tour be going? I have to work untill 6:30 pm on the 23rd. Rob

4. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Rob,

Great to hear from you! We haven't set up a time specifically, but most people earlier in the year said that Saturday mornings is what worked best for them! If everyone wants to do later, I am ok with it. Rob's tank is killer to see...

5. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    PM sent as we will be here. I'll try and clean up the house too /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Chris, you may want to do away with the formatting on the first post. I can't see the last 2 names on the list, just towns.

7. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Also I might be around, but that is also a birthday weekend for one of the kids. Also I might be mid tear-down, hard to say, or else I might offer up mine.

8. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Copied and pasted on the go today. Will correct it when I am home later tonight!!!!

9. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

Just working on the planning of how the day will go and how long. Will try to get everyone information quickly!

10. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0

It looks like we are going to try and do this out in Earlham then Dexter then Minburn. Start time would be 10 AM and would hope to be done by 1 PM at the latest! Please post here if you would like to come! We can meet in Des Moines and ride together! I will get the addresses posted in the first post!

11. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Would love to get a count of how many people will be joining us on this trip! I know I am in, so please post here! Would love to meet on the west side off of the Jordan Creek Pkwy Exit so we can travel together!!!

12. mikesams05p71

mikesams05p71 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Im excited for Saturday. But I definitely am nervous about people seein my tank lol.

13. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    No reason to be nervous! It is always great getting to visit around a tank! One of the best ways to work through any issues you might have and also for others to see what they might dream of in the future!

14. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    I'll be there.

15. darkiss

darkiss Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will be there, where and when will we meet up at?

16. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I will be there and can fit 7 in my van.

17. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, lets meet at the Hotel Marriot at 1250 Jordan Creek Pkwy at 9:30 AM in their lot on the North side of the building. If we want to arrange something else, we can! If there are any issues or you are going to be late call my cell 515-710-1899. This way we can wait and all ride together. I am having problems with PMs loading right now at work, so I will update the first post with addresses in it when I can!

18. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

I'll be there.

19. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    Does anyone care if we take pictures? Also do you mind if we use a flash when needed? If you do, please send me a message or let me know. I promise you'll also get a copy of the photos /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

20. daalbers

daalbers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +24 / 3 / -0
    I dont care if you take pictures at my house but you might not want too ever since I moved out here I have been fighting water and hair algae problems

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015