1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Starphire Glass

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rutherford, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Rutherford

Rutherford Inactive User

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I had the luxury of recently seeing a tank made out of starphire glass, needless to say I was blown away at the quality and clarity it provided. I'm now in search of a company preferably a manufactor that produces starphire glass, but it seems like everything now days it only comes from china and a few other countries, does anybody else have any idea's?

2. LuisReyes

LuisReyes Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My wife works at a pet store and has ordered these for customers in the past from Marineland I am not sure if they are the only one but that is where she ordered theres from. They are beautiful. You can only purchase them with black trim as of right now I believe too.

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
  4. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    linky no worky

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think I'm in the lead for the "Posts the most non-working links" prize this year! Fixed link.

--AJ

6. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think you can order the glass itself from glasscages.com but they have many bad reviews. I've been trolling for a supplier also. Let us know if you find a good one.

7. LuisReyes

LuisReyes Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As I stated in my post Marineland carry's the tanks with the Starphire glass however currently you can only order them with Black Trim. Hope this helps.

8. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Uhhhm I think he is just looking for Starphire GLASS, not a tank made of it....

9. LuisReyes

LuisReyes Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry.... was thinking already wanted a tank finished I apologize

10. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You can get low iron glass from most glass places, but it's very expensive. Starphire is just one of the brand names. There are other brand names too for low iron glass. I was amazed at how much more it costs.

--AJ

11. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I may look around Ames this week for it. I really want to put together a 30 gallon cube. If I can find the time and find a place I'll let ya know.

12. Rutherford

Rutherford Inactive User

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    right I knew that, but what I'm wanting to know is where can I purchase some low Iron Glass. I only need 2 sheets to build a tank. Because the back is going to be coated black and the bottom nobody is going to see it. I'm just hoping I can find a dealer somewhere so I can get started on my newest project.

13. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PPG is the maker of starphire glass, I also believe it is the most common.  Here is the link to their website, drop them an email to see if they can locate a company local to you.