1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

PFO is bankrupt?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AJ, Apr 22, 2009.

1. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just read a posting from about 45 days ago that said that PFO had filed for bankruptcy.  Anyone know anything about this?  I have a 2x400 PFO ballast....should I be concerned?
    --AJ

2. rc1214b

rc1214b

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They were fine untill the lawsuit over led's... There is no service for PFO products anymore

3. dewdad

dewdad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I ordered a PFO 400w penant from Custom Aquatic about 3 weeks ago. I asked them about the PFO going bankrupt and they said that PFO had just closed their doors. There is a lawsuit against them tho.You can google PFO lawsuit I think to read about it. Custom Aquatic was a PFO dist. and they did have some equitment in stock but that will not help with service on what you have or get. I did get the light that I ordered. I can't say that they (PFO) haven't since filed or gone bankrupt since then,that is just what Custom Aquatic told me. Keep everyone posted if you find out anything.

4. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well, that pretty much sucks to hear. I like PFO products and they were a great sponsor at FallFest.

I have first hand knowledge of some of the rediculous patents that get granted, especially in the software space. Patent reform would be a very good thing IMHO.

-JB

5. acrouse

acrouse

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Who is PFO?

thanks in advance
    jolene

6. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PFO is an aquarium lighting manufacturer. They might do other stuff too, but thats their relation to the hobby. They are pretty well known for their high quality metal halide ballasts which a lot of SPS keepers use.