1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Petland?

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by ShaneP, Jan 15, 2018.

1. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    Anyone know if Petland on SE side is still doing saltwater? Last I was in there, their salt section was in sad shape but it’s been a while.

Just fishing to see if it’s worth going over there.

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
  3. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    Went over to check. They no longer have in store saltwater.

Guy said he’d order anything you want though, and according to him the savings of not having the in store upkeep get passed to customers.

They order Monday afternoon (let them know by 5:00) and be in store for pickup Wednesday morning before noon.

4. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    They are also stocked with Deep Blue tanks. He says they also do $1 gallon sales periodically. Deep Blue tanks are far better than Aqueons. If they had a Deep Blue 40B for $40 I’d buy every one they had.

5. DangerJ Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -0
    Petland next to the dead Best Buy on 14th?

We were in there last night for dog/cat food and I did a pass of the fish. Very sad conditions, nothing salt, just all the basic fish you'll find.

6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 14 / -0
    South side of Iowa City :whistling: I didn't think DSM even had one anymore, the main Petland website doesn't even list a location within 60m of DSM. Are you sure it's a Petland @DangerJ@DangerJ?

7. DangerJ Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -0
    Petland, Petsmart, I cant tell the difference :lol:

8. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    We have a new Petsmart in Coral Ridge Mall. Alas, it has no salty critters either.

9. clown man Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa city,iowa
    Ratings:
    +29 / 2 / -0
    Iowa city has no more saltwater store closest is sea or marvels and coral heaven and aquatic environments in the quad cities

Sent from my iPhone via App

10. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Someone mentioned a store opening, or adding saltwater in Cedar Rapids or Marion.

Here it is...
    New pet store in Marion

11. clown man Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa city,iowa
    Ratings:
    +29 / 2 / -0
    Only dry good for a few months as far as I know

Sent from my iPhone via App

12. Heddon New User

Monticello, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I talked to the owner today. The are cycling their tanks now. I asked if they would have corals or just saltwater fish. He said they would sell both but it would be a while before they carried acropora. He also said, "I love to frag."