1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Ok here it is, my "Pimped-Out" 29 gallon Bio Cube Video

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waverz, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I know a lot of you guys have heard my talk about, now that I got some fish, I decided to make a quick video so you guys could see what I have been working on. I REALLY need to get some coral, hopefully there will be some nice deals at BNARC this weekend.  I plan on picking up a couple pieces there at least and then finish up the stocking at Fall Fest.
    Anyway, here it is.  Enjoy.  Make sure to watch it in HD it looks a lot better!

Jeremy Meyer's 29 Gallon Biocube from Jeremy Meyer on Vimeo.

2. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    That's awesome Jeremy. Are the canary and the midas going to fight? Also, what song is that, I like it...

3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Everything in the tank is a little nippy, they are all trying to find territory's. The midas came in alot bigger than expected, he isn;t near as mean as my yellow watchman goby, that thing thinks he owns the whole tank. And I think he ate my pistol shrimp already.
    Oh, the song is "The Ocean" off of the Against Me! album New Wave.

4. matt1971 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Very nice.

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks nice Jeremy. I look forward to seeing it with corals in it! Sounds like you have all the equipment on it that you need to make it a nice, stable tank.

--AJ

6. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great looking tank Jeremy! I really like how you set up your rockwork also.

How did you get it so purple already??

7. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The tank has been setup for a long time, it just always had problems with heat and salinity swings. I actually had a bunch of coral in it at one time but they all melted over the summer. Now that I upgraded my lighting I have more fans in the hood so it actually helps keep the tank cooler. I used the ATO float switches from my other setup on this tank now the salinity is stable as well. I am hoping I can keep everything under control and pest free.

As for the rockwork goes, i don't know if i am too happy with it but once it's all encrusted with coral it won't even matter.

Hoping to score some good deals at FTF this weekend!

8. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice job Jeremy! I like the lighting, great color. Looks like ya got plenty of flow with that Vortech! Is that the MP20?
    I sooo want 2 MP40s for my display, (Some Day).

9. Marc

Marc Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can get you wholesale pricing on them b-rad if you want...

10. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sweet! I'll send you a PM!

11. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow it looks great Jeremy!! The midas blenny is soooo pretty!! That red ric almost looks like a mini RBTA! Nice job - can't wait to see it fill up with more coral!

Anna :)

12. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    When ppl come over, I actually tell them it's a mini RBTA, that's funny!

13. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If it was an RBTA it would have put itself through the Vortech blender by now... /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue.gif

What camera did you take that video with? It's really good quality!

14. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Posted By Anna on 10/09/2009 04:38 PM
    If it was an RBTA it would have put itself through the Vortech blender by now... /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue.gif
    What camera did you take that video with? It's really good quality!
    +1 on the RBTA threw the blender, actually +2 [​IMG]

15. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I don't even wanna get started on the RBTA thing....
    As for the camera goes I used this.  It's a Canon HV20, It films at 1920x1080 aka Full HD  I have a "few" accessories on it though. 
    I guess you could say it is also "Pimped-Out"  I am actually pretty excited I am working with a group of guys and we just got a couple commercial gigs as well as a movie we are going to start filming next month.
    [​IMG]

16. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is one serious looking video camera!  /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/blink.gif

17. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Ha, yeah it's a little obnoxious, I have another one just like it, but with a lot less stuff on it.

18. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Holey crap Jeremy!!! Thats insane!!!! Love it man! I guess you could say that you have two expensive hobbies. LOL
    Let us know how the movie thing goes, really cool stuff.

19. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Just got back from Fragtoberfest and I get a few "Gems" to show off. Stay tuned....

20. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Don't hold out on us Jeremy - we want pics! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif