1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Fall Fest [Nov 12, 2017] Fall Fest 2017! (Williamsburg, IA)

Discussion in '2017' started by Greater Iowa Reef Society, Aug 17, 2017.

1. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    @Bud@Bud - any details on what time we can start setting up on Saturday evening?

Also, anything happening on the promo side. We need to start generating some interest.

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I had to dig up the contract, Saturday night setup time is 5pm - 9pm. We might be able to go later, but since it's Saturday I'm thinking most people won't have a problem with this, even the ones coming from far away

I've got to double-check the vendor list and layout as there have been a couple changes just in the last day (one drop, one add) and a few +1 tables requests, that type of thing. So I will be updating the table/vendor list soon and next week I will have the final raffle item list together.

@Fiji Cube@Fiji Cube had a family issue come up and they have to travel abroad, so they're missing our fest unfortunately (as well as the TCMAS fest the following weekend)

@jstngates@jstngates is getting en equipment table, that's the add

I hear that @mattman319@mattman319 and @beckerj3@beckerj3 and @Sponge@Sponge have frag tanks bursting at the seams :nailbiting::woot::D

There will be a few threads for "what you're bringing" and "what you're looking for" soon that all vendors can post to

Plus, we will need a few volunteers for manning the equipment/livestock "community" table - 1 person per hour for that, and one "floater" to cover tables when someone has to take a break, etc. Not a huge commitment for volunteering duties this time around, just need a few people to help. There will be a new thread for that soon.

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Everyone can help get the word out by sharing this thread or the FaceBook Event on their personal FaceBook timeline (as a Public Post). FaceBook wants "Pages" and Businesses to pay them to increase exposure - which we also do (I just submitted Boost for the Event) but we will actually get far better exposure if a bunch of people simply share the FB Event listing on their personal timeline as a public post.

Here is the link to the FaceBook Event - all you have to do is Share in News Feed and switch it to "Public"
    Fall Fest 2017

You can also share this thread by copying this link and pasting it into your timeline
    Code:
    https://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/threads/nov-12-2017-fall-fest-2017-williamsburg-ia.27952/
    Fall Fest - [Nov 12, 2017] Fall Fest 2017! (Williamsburg, IA)

...but that won't end up looking quite as pretty, because it pulls in the default logo for the GIRS user account (instead of the fancy graphic made by @corey.nolta@corey.nolta). But there's a way around that too! Click this link and save the pic, then upload that as the pic to go with the link, and voila! Pretty again!

https://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/girsmedia/2017/fallfest/FF17med.jpg
    Code:
    https://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/girsmedia/2017/fallfest/FF17med.jpg

4. OneFishTwoFish

Ames
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I was literally just going to ask if we could get a preview or show off thread. You beat me to it!

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Thread started!
    Fall Fest - The Official Fall Fest 2017 "What are you wanting/bringing?" thread
    @CaseyChristnerkc22@CaseyChristnerkc22 I moved your post to that thread (and backdated the thread so that it shows up as the #2 post)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Final Vendor list!

I totally forgot to include Mermaid's Cove, they are now on the list!

Jeanette Becker @beckerj3@beckerj3 - Corals
    TNT Corals / Terri Landt @Sponge@Sponge - Corals & Dry Goods
    Dave Roth @Dave@Dave (most likely) - Corals
    Ocean's Wonders @Jamie@Jamie - Corals & Dry Goods
    Jeremy Dirks @jeremy@jeremy - Corals
    Reef Deep Aquatics @Reef Deep@Reef Deep - Corals
    Underwater Gardeners / Printies Easter - Corals
    Matt Van Stolten @mattman319@mattman319 - Corals
    Fiji Cube @Fiji Cube@Fiji Cube - Dry Goods (tanks) (Family emergency) - we'll see them at Spring Fest though!
    Craig Johnston @xroads@xroads - Dry Goods
    Mermaid's Cove @mermaidscove@mermaidscove - Fish & Clean-up Crew
    Justin Gates @jstngates@jstngates - Dry Goods

7. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Thread for Raffle Items posted!

Fall Fest - Raffle!

8. jstngates Experienced Reefkeeper

Toledo Iowa
    Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    Is there anyone here yet?

9. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I’m here, just waiting for the guy to ope. Up the room

10. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Here’s a map of the hotel

For vendors unloading, you want to go to the left as you drive up, then around the corner to the right. There is a set of double doors there that lead directly to the venue floor

For attendees, go in the main door under the canopy and walk straight forward past the waterpark to the corner of the hallway. Venue is the last 2 sets of doors on the left

A7394C4D-19F7-4760-9BC4-5813AA4C57FD.jpeg

11. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0

A8756CC0-80A9-43C5-9F9F-7E609E50ADD3.jpeg

12. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0

A6305815-99C3-4368-ADDD-A37D0C7335E3.jpeg

That’s my Jeep by the entrance door for vendors

13. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
  14. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Prefect day far a FEST!!

9C4F96EE-25AB-4846-B93F-6645F7999123.jpeg

15. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Casey's, Justin's, & Craig's goodies

IMG_3910.JPG

IMG_3911.JPG

IMG_3912.JPG

Jamie with Oceans Wonder

IMG_3913.JPG

Matt Van Stolten

IMG_3914.JPG

Underwater Gardeners

IMG_3915.JPG

The Community Frag Tank is popular!!

IMG_3916.JPG

The Food is on!

IMG_3917.JPG

Food is open to ALL!

We'll be here until 2!

Raffle drawing starting around 1pm - and you do not have to be present to win!

16. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I made the trip and chatted with some GIRS members that I hadn't talked to in a while. Picked up a little more things than I planned to, but isn't that always the case? The food smelled amazing, but I left if for those that were there for the day.

Any chance of a list of who won the raffle drawings? Just want to say congrats to the winners.

17. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I have the list & will post it tonight

18. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Thanks to everyone that made it to the show. And thanks to everyone that purchased frags from me. I hope that you enjoy your new frags! It was good to see and talk to a few people again also.

Big thanks to Bud for all his hard work to make this event happen. I know that it was pretty much a one-man show this time around. Great job. Nice venue. Great organization. Wonderful raffle prizes. Great food!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I wouldn’t say it was a one man job, everyone who helped set up, tear down, and volunteer during the show did a great job, definitely could not have done it as smoothly as it went!

Home and having dinner with family. More to come!

@Barrett@Barrett and @Alex Crittenden@Alex Crittenden I have raffle prizes for both of you, will post list in a bit

20. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I just posted the winners in the Fall Fest - Raffle! thread ;)