1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Fall Fest [Nov 12, 2017] Fall Fest 2017! (Williamsburg, IA)

Discussion in '2017' started by Greater Iowa Reef Society, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Greater Iowa Reef Society Become a GIRS Member! GIRS Member

Iowa
    Ratings:
    +154 / 0 / -0
    Last Fall's main event was enjoyed by most everyone that attended.
    We're going to continue with that concept, with a few adjustments.

The Greater Iowa Reef Society presents

Fall Fest 2017!
    Frag & Equipment Swap & Potluck!

When:
    Sunday, November 12th
    10am to 2pm

Where:
    Ramada Williamsburg Hotel & Wasserbahn Waterpark
    2211 U Avenue
    Williamsburg, IA 52361​

Right on I-80, about 15 miles west of Iowa City, about 5 miles east of the Williamsburg Outlet

Vendor List (updated 8/18/17 at 4:00pm)
    Jeanette Becker @beckerj3@beckerj3 - Corals
    TNT Corals / Terri Landt @sponge@sponge - Corals & Dry Goods
    Dave Roth @dave@dave - Corals
    Ocean's Wonders @Jamie@Jamie - Corals & Dry Goods
    Reef Deep Aquatics @Reef Deep@Reef Deep - Corals
    Underwater Gardeners / Printies Easter - Corals
    Matt Van Stolten mattman319mattman319 - Corals
    Craig Johnston xroadsxroads - Dry Goods
    Mermaid's Cove @mermaidscove@mermaidscove - Fish & Clean-up Crew
    Justin Gates @jstngates@jstngates - Dry Goods

Jeremy Dirks @jeremy@jeremy - Corals (Community Table items only)
    Fiji Cube Fiji CubeFiji Cube - Dry Goods (tanks) (Family emergency)

POST IN THREAD or start a conversation with Bud if you want a table!

Rooms
    • We have reserved a block of 20 rooms for the night of Saturday, November 11th
    • Rooms are at a discounted rate of $91/night (normally $119) and include waterpark passes
    • You need Waterpark Passes to enjoy the Hot Tub!
    • Block will be held until around mid-October
    Admission
    • This event is FREE for all, and open to the public!
    Tables
    • There will be plenty of tables available, the only limit is the space.
    • We have a nice venue, but we're going to keep it only to the size that we need based on table demand.
    Coral Vendors
    • We will be having a couple commercial / out of state coral vendors, unlike last fall which was members-only.
    GIRS Premium Member Tables and in-state GIRS Sponsor Tables
    • one FREE table
    • Can also wholesale & have advertising media
    • Additional tables available for $25/table
    All other commercial vendors
    • $25/table per 8' table
    GIRS Members
    • FREE table space!
    • Can combine frags/etc into one tank, ~30g tank limit
    • We will likely combine 2-3 per table, within reason of course (we have 8' and 10' tables)
    • Can also bring used equipment and single-items of new/unused equipment
    • No advertising media or multiple wholesale/new items
    **Also NEW this Fest**
    FREE GIRS Member fish, frags & equipment "community" table!
    This is something we've talked about doing several times. Here's how this will go:
    • GIRS is going to provide table space and a small tank (or two?) for any GIRS Member to bring anything they want to sell; fish, frags, clean-up crew, equipment, rock, etc. Basically, anything you would sell if you had your own table, except you don't have to man your own table.
    • We will have someone from the GIRS Fest Committee and/or a Member Volunteer manning this table.
    • The tank will be for bagged fish & frags only, WYSIWYG, nothing loose in the tank/water (it's basically there for temperature control, that's it)
    • More details to come, but it should be very simple: put your name, phone/email, description & price on the item, drop it off, and go on your merry way. Pick it up if it doesn't sell before you have to leave, or designate someone to return it to you, etc.
    Raffle
    • Members-Only!
    • Raffle Tickets:
      • Full sheet: $20/full sheet (26 tickets)
      • Partial sheets: $1/ticket
    • You need not be present to win, but you must attend to purchase tickets
    • You can give $ to someone else to enter & collect on your behalf - but that is between you & them, we don't need to be "notified" or anything
    • See this thread for the list: Raffle!
    Food

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Post in this thread if you want to reserve a table!

We'll be posting more details on the Community Table soon. We will just need some basic info from anyone wanting to sell something via the Community Table so that we can keep track of items and sales.

@corey.nolta@corey.nolta is working on pushing this announcement out to all GIRS Social Media pages via the GIRS account. Watch for that post and like & share to your personal timeline (as a public post)

Like, Share, and Follow the Facebook main page & Regional Groups!

GIRS Main Page: Greater Iowa Reef Society

Burlington: Burlington, Iowa & Surrounding Areas Regional Saltwater & Reef Group
    Cedar Rapids & Iowa City: Greater Iowa Reef Society (Iowa City/Cedar Rapids) Region
    Quad Cities: Greater Iowa Reef Society(QC Region)
    Waterloo & Cedar Falls: Waterloo Cedar Falls region Greater Iowa Reef Society

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
  4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Vendor list updated:

Jeanette Becker @beckerj3@beckerj3
    TNT Corals / Terri Landt @Sponge@Sponge
    Dave Roth @Dave@Dave (most likely)
    Ocean's Wonders @Jamie@Jamie
    Jeremy Dirks @jeremy@jeremy
    Reef Deep Aquatics @Reef Deep@Reef Deep
    Underwater Gardeners / Printies Easter

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Vendor List Updated, along with what they are bringing (not an exhaustive list, and not necessarily 100% accurate!)

Jeanette Becker @beckerj3@beckerj3 - Corals
    TNT Corals / Terri Landt @Sponge@Sponge - Corals & Dry Goods
    Dave Roth @Dave@Dave (most likely) - Corals
    Ocean's Wonders @Jamie@Jamie - Corals & Dry Goods
    Jeremy Dirks @jeremy@jeremy - Corals
    Reef Deep Aquatics @Reef Deep@Reef Deep - Corals
    Underwater Gardeners / Printies Easter - Corals
    Matt Van Stolten @mattman319@mattman319 - Corals
    Fiji Cube @Fiji Cube@Fiji Cube - Dry Goods (tanks)
    Craig Johnston @xroads@xroads - Dry Goods

6. Fred

Johnston, IA
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    This may be a dumb question but if I wanted to reserve a room to take the wife and kids so they can go to water park, do I call the hotel and make reservations and say I'm with GIRS or are the rooms only suppose to be for the vendors to stay?

7. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    No, not a dumb question at all!!

The rooms are for anyone that wants them! I'm probably going to get one and bring my wife and at least one of the kids Saturday afternoon.

I figure that we'll all get together Saturday afternoon/evening and hang out around the pool/bar. We'll have to set up the room at some point too but no one is required to help (won't take long)

8. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I forgot to answer this one (and I should post in the event description): yes, you would just mention that you are with the Greater Iowa Reef Society and they will give you the rate. "GIRS" should work too, but you never know...employee at the moment you call might not make the exact connection!

9. Fred

Johnston, IA
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good thanks

10. I called last week to book my wife and I's reservation and they said the block is already full so I couldn't get the discount, wasn't bad though, 110 for the night.

11. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Well...dang it! There goes my discounted room lol! I hadn’t done it yet.

12. Lesson - Next time we need more rooms :)

13. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I have inquired about extending the room block. I also asked about switching from a full-price room to a block-rate room (for anyone who has reserved a full price room after the block was full)

I'll post here when I find out!

Yup...a lot better than the rate on an Iowa home-game weekend, that would have been ~50% more per night!

14. If we could get the block rate that would be really great! Thanks Bud.

15. aussie Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 1 / -0
    What is in the raffles this time?

16. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    This is still a work in progress, but we do have a nice donation from @Fiji Cube@Fiji Cube (which I have to get set up as a new sponsor, ugh...been a busy couple of weeks!)

17. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    @Alex Crittenden@Alex Crittenden there was some confusion on their end, they had the room block under GIRS in one spot and under another name in another spot so it wasn’t showing up right. It’s fixed now, and you’re on the room block now. Not sure if you paid in advance but if you just reserved it that should reflect when you check in/out

There are still rooms available in the block!

18. Thanks @Bud@Bud! I appreciate it!

19. jstngates Experienced Reefkeeper

Toledo Iowa
    Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    I might be interested in a table for dry goods. Bud are you in charge? Also do I call direct for a room?

20. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    ^ yup!

Ramada Williamsburg Hotel and Wasserbahn Waterpark -
    Phone is in the upper right corner, (319) 668-1175, ask for the Greater Iowa Reef Society rate - I think you have to book before tomorrow in order to get the rate!