1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New QC (Blue Grass) member

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jsprague, Oct 1, 2008.

1. jsprague

jsprague

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello,
        I was glad to see we had a club in our state!  I just moved back to Iowa after 5 years in the Navy.  I am new to the hobby(about 2 months), but did about 3 months of research before diving in.  I bought a 12 year old 75 gallon established reef setup.  It is stable using only its own natural filtration and weekly 5gal water changes, but I am in the process of building a sump and adding a skimmer for peace of mind if I add more fish.  Right now it is stocked with 2 common clowns, 1 purple dottyback, 1 green bubbletip, lots of mushrooms, and several leathers and soft coral(thanks phishcrazee!).  Anyway, I am hear to learn as much as I can about this great hobby.  If only I could pronounce half of the things I read!..LOL  Also..Looking to add more coral varieties and a tang.   Advice is always welcome! see  you in the forums.

2. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Johnathon

First...Let me thank you for your service!

Now, Welcome to GIRS.
    I am the QC trustee on the Board of Directors and I live right here in Northwest Davenport.

You will find a great bunch of passionate reef keepers here and a lot very experienced and knowledgeable people who can help you with anything you might need.
    Of Course as you know the forums are active and a great place to just talk about our great hobby.

Check out our FallFest event coming to the QC area on November 15th.
    I am also planning on having a local tank tour before the Fall Fest.

Dont hesitate to contact me if you have any questions...

Talk to you soon

Bill Kennedy AKA einsteins

3. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Welcome to GIRS !!

I live on the Illinois side of things (about 50 miles from the QC) and enjoy being a member of GIRS.  I hope to see you at the Fall Fest!!

4. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! It was great to meet you, your wife and adorable toddler the other day! Hope everything in your tank really takes off and I'm glad you joined the club, yay! :)

5. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club, Jonathon.  Glad to see that you got some stuff from Fawn also.

Not only is this a great site/club for the state, but your helping in adding the leverage to the eastern side of the state.  And don't forget about the November fall fest.  You can save some money by registering before the 15th.