1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New frag pics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luukosian, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Luukosian

Luukosian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Just some pics of the frags I got from Bill. Good guy, lots of nice frags......
    Bali green slimer acropora
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

candy cane
    [​IMG]
    Pavona decussatus
    [​IMG]
    not 100% sure(maybe bill will chime in and remind me if he sees this thread)
    [​IMG]

Ricordea
    [​IMG]
    Zooanthid(not sure what type)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Hairy mushrooms

[​IMG]
    Red Monti Cap
    [​IMG]
    Purple Montipora Digitata
    [​IMG]
    Staghorn Coral
    [​IMG]

2. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Got some names to go along with the pics? I don't know what all of them are. Is #3 a candycane or some other LPS? And #6, Orange Ricordia? Any other colors available? Those frags do look nice...thanks for posting the pics.

--AJ

3. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Luukosian on 03/02/2009 11:01 AM
    [​IMG]
    what are these.  They look like candy canes, but don't really act like them.  I have had mine for more then a year now, I love the coloring on them

4. Luukosian

Luukosian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I edited the post and put names on them, theres one I'm not sure about but maybe someone else can ID it.

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for updating the thread. They look nice. Maybe once I get a bigger tank set up I'll have to drive down and check out his selection.

--AJ

6. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Unknown is montipora spongodes. Zoas are armor of god. Thanks for stoping by Anthony! I got some new stuff today I will email u with pics soon.

7. Luukosian

Luukosian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Oh yeah, thats what it was......

8. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Bill on 03/02/2009 05:13 PM
    Unknown is montipora spongodes. Zoas are armor of god. Thanks for stoping by Anthony! I got some new stuff today I will email u with pics soon.
    Bill, 
    Nice looking zoas!
    I'm not 100% sure that the zoas posted by Luukosian are Armor of Gods.  I believe true Armor of Gods have coloring that go all the way to the mouth versus stopping short and creating a "ring".
    Luukosian's pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Armor of God's from around the 'net:
    I belive these are the originals, there are also many around that claim the name but are different:
    [​IMG]
    http://www.thecoraloasis.com/limite...rofgod.htm
    [​IMG]
    http://www.coralfarmersmarket.com/c...php?id=511
    [​IMG]
    http://www.rarezoanthids.com/tag/armor-of-god/
    Website where I couldn't "borrow" the pic
    http://www.vividaquariums.com/10Exp...05-5083-10
    And what I have:
    [​IMG]
    -Eric

9. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Eric do u name the corals?? I realy don't give a crap what you call them they are red zoas!

10. Luukosian

Luukosian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    They are kind of pink in my tank during daylight. I kind of like them better than the pics of the red ones posted above.  Either way they have so many crazy names for zoos it doesn't really matter to me, probably just started at as a marketing scheme anyways. Red with dark skirts doesn't sound near as cool as armor of god :)

11. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    My thoughts exactly.

12. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Bill on 03/04/2009 08:08 PM
    Eric do u name the corals?? (No, but apparently you do.)  I realy don't give a crap what you call them they are red zoas! It does make a difference, Bill, as you are potentially passing something off with an artificially inflated value, though with your apparent lack of concern it doesn't appear to be out of malice.
    True Armor of Gods bring a premium, most places are $30-$40 per polyp.

13. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Luukosian on 03/04/2009 08:16 PM
    They are kind of pink in my tank during daylight. I kind of like them better than the pics of the red ones posted above.  Either way they have so many crazy names for zoos it doesn't really matter to me, probably just started at as a marketing scheme anyways. Red with dark skirts doesn't sound near as cool as armor of god :)
    I never said it wasn't a good looking zoa!

14. Luukosian

Luukosian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oh I see what your getting at, yeah I suppose if I had payed that much then turned out they werent I probably wouldn't be too happy....I think he charged me like 5-10 bucks for like 10 polyps(bunch of small polyps in the back of frag where you cant see) or something. Kind of just an extra with all the other frags at the last minute before I left.
    Guess I wish they were armor of gods then huh :)
    So if I name them pink spiderman flame zoas can I sell them for 20 bucks a polyp lol.

15. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    I gave those zoas to u dude. sorry if i came off as being a as. hole.

16. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Luukosian on 03/04/2009 09:54 PM
    Oh I see what your getting at, yeah I suppose if I had payed that much then turned out they werent I probably wouldn't be too happy....I think he charged me like 5-10 bucks for like 10 polyps(bunch of small polyps in the back of frag where you cant see) or something. Kind of just an extra with all the other frags at the last minute before I left. Sounds like you got a great deal!  Can't beat 10 polyps for $10!
    I was excited when I saw his other post looking to trade AOG's for other desirable zoas, until I saw the pics.
    I wouldn't have been happy on the other end of the "deal".

17. Luukosian

Luukosian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    oh yeah you did, couldn't remember if you added 5 bucks on or not, doesn't really matter. Guess I got the best deal of all.....free. You get that new stuff in yet?

18. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    By the way I sell all frags for a flat rate I don"t belive in selling one zoa for more than the next just cuz of the color.

19. Luukosian

Luukosian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It depends, I could see charging more for a rare morph that grows really slow. Especially if you had to pay a premium price for the original colony. 50 dollars a polyp seems ridiculous but I could see charging a little more for some types. I mean your not going to sell a single mushroom for the same price as some of the slower growing sps species..you should put up some pics of your frag tank bill I'm sure it would probably get people a lot more interested. Your's probably look a lot nicer under the halides.

20. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Bill on 03/04/2009 10:02 PM
    By the way I sell all frags for a flat rate I don"t belive in selling one zoa for more than the next just cuz of the color.
    What else you got?
    50 cents (even a dollar) a polyp is a pretty sweet deal.
    What about the slimer and purple digi?
    Got any Turbinaria?