1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Montipora ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jwess, Aug 29, 2008.

1. jwess

jwess

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have a few rather large frags of montipora ( 1 red and 2 green).  At the moment they are growing quite well but are jagged and growing every wich way.  Will they eventually even out and grow in nice pie shapes or just continue to grow wild?  Any suggestions. 
    Josh

2. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My suggestion is give them to me... no, really I have a couple frags that are now growing very nice one had really sharp edges/corners and round out very nice and looks great.

3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Josh, i have found that monti caps tend to grow along with the flow, for instance, I got a good sized "frag" from Duke13, his tank had very low flow and low light, it was nicely layered and grow very flat and round, just a few weeks after being in my tank is starting growing all crazy. It's now starting to grow downward along with the flow which is kinda cool looking.

So, basically if you want it to grow flat and round have a low flow tank, if not, its gonna grow along with the water flow.

Hope that answers your question.

Jeremy