1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

MillerTime 180 gal Build

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MillerTimeISU, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Oh, the other question you asked was about the sump on concrete and a chiller. I actually took my chiller out of the setup as my room stays at a perfect ambient 78. There's enough water to dissipate the little heat the pumps put out so I got super lucky in not needing a chiller. I've kept it but never in the last three years needed to use it. You might consider setting up a ghost run of just water and pumps through some buckets or whatever to see how the heat holds/dissipates. It might save you some bucks and trouble!

2. corey.nolta

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    This is going to be awesome. Looking forward to seeing the progress. I'm jealous as this is pretty much my dream set up if I had the room for it!

3. MillerTimeISU

Waukee
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I was referring to actually setting the sump on the concrete to help it cool from the slab on the basement. Right now i have the stand build with a plywood floor for the sump to sit on

Sent from my Nexus 6P via App

4. Actuary Well-Known ReefKeeper

Adel, IA
    Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -0
    I assume this was just an oversight in the picture... but you will have a separate feed from the RO reservoir into the tank, correct? You don't want to pump saltwater in to top off from evaporation.

5. MillerTimeISU

Waukee
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Yeah figured I could T off the RO and send it to the ATO Reservoir

6. MillerTimeISU

Waukee
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Framing complete today! Cloud bar ceiling turned out awesome. Finish up electrical work and tank arrives Friday. Drywall starting next week[​IMG][​IMG]

7. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Huh, that's odd...the site should have auto-rotated those based on the EXIF data. Are they sideways on your phone also? Meaning, did your phone get stuck on one orientation when you snap it so that however you view it afterwards, they are rotated? This kind of thing happens to me now and then when my phone locks into portrait orientation then I take a landscape pic

8. MillerTimeISU

Waukee
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Shows up correct on my end?[​IMG]

9. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Go to the mobile site, both the pics you uploaded show up rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise.

here is the direct thread link, copy/paste this into your mobile browser:

MillerTime 180 gal Build

Code:
    https://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/threads/millertime-180-gal-build.27861
    Tapatalk hamstrings a lot of functionality, you don't get the full functionality of the site (media center, resources, etc are useless). Also it appears that it doesn't properly pass rotational data. Do me a favor, upload one of those 2 pics directly to a new reply but via your mobile broswer, not Tapatalk. I want to see if the site properly grabs the EXIF data and rotates it (it should)

10. MillerTimeISU

Waukee
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

3D20827E-039D-4A65-BA41-72A1AA238296.JPG

A3D60083-8D85-461B-ACC9-029C49FED973.JPG

F6EFCE3A-2F03-4065-8B45-8F140D2BCB34.JPG

E3B548A7-920C-4451-85F7-42AD9609AC31.JPG

11. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Thanks, I'll report that to tapatalk as a bug

12. MillerTimeISU

Waukee
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Tank arrived!!!

Tank 1.jpg

Tank 2.jpg

Tank 3.jpg

13. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Sweet!

14. wuligelovevc New User

上海市
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I am from tapatalk. Could you please send the original picture on your nexus 6p device? My email is lige.wu@tapatalk.com. Thx A lot!

Sent from my Redmi 4X via App

15. wuligelovevc New User

上海市
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Test pic after rotate on my device. (admin can delete my post)[​IMG]

16. wuligelovevc New User

上海市
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And Could you please take a screenshot of this picture in your Gallery app?

17. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    @wuligelovevc@wuligelovevc I'm starting a private conversation with you. I'm the one who submitted the error via Tapatalk's forum

18. MillerTimeISU

Waukee
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Project almost complete!

All the LifeReef equipment just arrived and plumbed the RO/DI unit.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. MillerTimeISU

Waukee
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    @Bud@Bud thanks for the recommendation for Jeff at LifeReef. He helped me custom build the equipment to what I was planning to do long term!!!

@DangerJ@DangerJ swing by sometime to have a beer, game, and help me put this thing together lol

No but for real if anyone is near Waukee, IA I would be willing to pay you in cash or beer or whatever you need to help me put this thing together. This is beyond my knowledge base from the last glass jar goldfish I have when I was 5 years old.

20. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    That whole room looks totally awesome!! Glad Jeff hooked you up!