1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Spring Fest [Mar 25, 2018] Spring Fest 2018 (Des Moines, IA)

Discussion in '2018' started by Greater Iowa Reef Society, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Any updates here @Bud@Bud?

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I'll have some updates on the raffle donations sometime tomorrow I hope, waiting for a few more to chime in yet

EDIT: SEE THE FULL LIST IN THIS THREAD:
    Spring Fest - Raffle Item List!

So far there are donations receive from or coming in from:

Dr. Tim's Aquatics
    Marine Depot
    Premium Aquatics
    Fiji Cube
    Marco rocks
    MASNA (2 Full Conference MACNA Passes)
    Shedd Aquarium
    Avast Marine Works
    Dave Roth
    Coral Magazine
    Dirk Griffin (Polyp Labs products)
    Air Water Ice

And of course, the 75 Tank & Stand!

Plus, at least a half-dozen others I am still waiting on the final word from

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  3. tje22 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Greene county
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    This is going to be great! I havnt been to spring fest in 5-6 years. And it works out perfect since my tank just completed cycling and Im ready for my first fish or two.
    ;)

4. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    For the t-shirts, will there be a pre-order?

Also, I remember there was going to be a sale with Gonzo's beforehand and he'd bring corals to the show, any word on this @xroads@xroads?

5. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    This is in sept

6. DangerJ Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -0
    No SF18 shirts.

7. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    Ah. Ok

The first post of this thread still says there will be shirts. :(

8. DangerJ Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -0
    Ah, shoot. Good catch, thank you for pointing that out, and sorry for the disappointment Shane. We decided a few months back to not do shirts as there wasn't enough interest to put together an order that was cost-effective.

9. Bboge13 Pico Reef Keeper

Center Point, IA
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    If you guys ever need good pricing on shirts let me know. My fiance screen prints and I have no doubt that I can get us a deal on them.

10. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Good to know!! I think it's a given that we'll do t-shirts for Fall Fest since that's right around the 15th anniversary of GIRS - we'll want a cool shirt I think for that one

11. Anymore info on this?

12. DangerJ Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -0
    Just posting here from the other thread - we are going to need volunteers the day of the show to work the raffle/admission tables. Please shoot me a message or reply to the thread here: Spring Fest - Volunteers needed!!!

2 people from 11-12, 2 from 12-1, 1 from 1-2, 1 from 2-3

Raffle tickets 1 person for each shift, 11-12, 12-2, 1-2:30 then raffle at 2:30

13. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
  14. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    This is one of those items that I haven't had much time to spend on, but we will have 2 tables (possibly more) for community dry goods and a community frag tank - same as we did for Fall Fest.

The space that we have allocated for this is in the corner of the venue and there is enough room for as many tables as we need.

I will supply the 40 breeder tank which will be filled about 1/3 full of freshwater, a heater, and a fluorescent light fixture which was donated to the club at Fall Fest. Frags will need to be bagged and marked with price and seller.

Dry good will need to be tagged with price and seller also.

Then there will be a simple sign-in sheet if you have anything for sale so that you don't have to stay at the table during the show.

Casey Schares said that he will help monitor the community table but we should really add this to the list of tables where we need a volunteer, just one to collect money and earmark it for the seller.

Anything that doesn't sell, you must take with you when you leave.

I'll start another thread with all of this information so that it doesn't get too mixed up with this general thread!

15. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Campbell's Concessions will be open inside the venue with the following food and drink items:

Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Bacon Cheeseburgers
    Tenderloins
    Waffle Fries
    Cheese Sticks, Pickle Chips, Onion Rings
    Nachos, Nacho with Meat
    Walking Taco
    Hot Dogs, Brats
    Popcorn
    Chicken Strips, Crispy Chicken Sandwich
    Ham and Turkey Wraps
    Chicken Salad Sandwich
    Soda (Pepsi Products)
    Bottled Water
    Bottled Beer (Bud Light, Coors Light, Mich Ultra)

Yes that's right, bacon and beer.

16. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Glad I logged in and checked this. Almost missed it. Got an empty tank that needs filling up!

17. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    New thread started for this!

Spring Fest - Community Tank/Table

18. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Just wanted to cover as many bases as we can...We are sorry to announce that TNT Corals will NOT be selling at the show for personal/family reason and now, the added threat of the weather. We apologize for the short notice:( We hope to see you at FallFest. Have a great time at the Fest and Be Safe!!

• Uh oh! Not good! Uh oh! Not good! x 1
    • List
  19. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I hope everything turns out OK @Sponge@Sponge!!!

20. Darn it, I was looking forward to your Rainbow Acan Lords. I will catch you guys another time!