1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

For Sale Magnifica & Mated Clowns

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Vertwake, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Vertwake

Vertwake

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    For Sale - beautiful red base/yellow tentacles Magnifica/Ritteri. Approximately 12-15 inches when fully opened. Mated pair of clowns included. They spawn frequently. It would come with the base rock it is attached to. Approximately 8" wide by 2" deep, circular. That way it wouldn't have to be pried off.

I have had the Anemone for 3 years. Clowns I have had for 6 years.

This anemone and clowns are the only reason I haven't gotten out of the hobby a couple of years ago, so I'm a little reluctant as I want to make sure they go to a good home.

If you're interested, email me, let me know your experience and make me an offer.

Today it's under a Radion XR30, with several MP40s in the tank. Not blowing directly on it, but off to each side so it can extend into the flow if it wants.

Attached Files:

2. AdamLawrence Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I see why it would be hard to see it go very nice.

3. avratney

Aurora
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    How much and where are u

4. Sue M

Waterloo, IA
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    That is beautiful.

5. Vertwake

Vertwake

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm in the Des Moines area. I haven't set a price yet, because I'm more concerned about it going to someone who can keep it alive.

6. Sue M

Waterloo, IA
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Is it difficult to take care of?

7. avratney

Aurora
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    That's far but I can definitely take care of them my tank is stable and has never crashed before I target feed all creatures and animals and Coral's

8. tangers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Magnificas are absolutely amazing and this one looks like one of the best. I commend @Vertwake@Vertwake for making sure they go to a good home as most do not realize what it takes to take care of a magnifica/ritteri anemone. They are very very touchy... not to be confused/compared to the average rose bubbles most see/have!

9. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I'd be extremely interested, had tanks since 2003, kept almost every type of coral you can keep, been on the bod of the club multiple times. Current tank is a 75rr, 1 kessil sp700 for lighting, 2 150gyres for flow, tank is very stable, gets a scheduled 30 gal water change every 2 weeks. If I sound like a decent candidate PM me and let me know what you'd like out of the trio

10. hajas

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, not much better in this hobby than the clowns/mag anemone combo IMO. As the owner of a couple mag anemones I would also suggest lots of light and lots of flow with the stable parameters. Finally, be sure to have covers for power heads, especially in the beginning until they settle in. They like to wander if they don't like their spot. I've found they like flat rocks up high, and like to spread out.

Hope you find a good home for them!

11. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    I'm also interested depending on price.

12. It's on reef2reef for 500

13. Vertwake

Vertwake

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks everyone. I've had a couple people step up and show interest that I feel could keep it alive. One of them also thinks I'm crazy for getting rid of it. So I'm going to stew on it for a few days.

14. avratney

Aurora
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Well if u decide to get rid of it. Please keep me in mind. I would absolutely love to have them

15. Vertwake

Vertwake

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Still available if anyone is interested. Asking $300 and a good home.