1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Looking for large aquarium to record video, we will pay $100-$500 per hour

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Radim Schreiber, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Or just become a sponsor!

2. Doubledn

Doubledn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have a 320 gallon tank that is 66" long x 36" high x 34" deep with a lot of colorful coral and mature fish. I am having trouble downloading pictures on this site. Is there an email address I can send them to you directly? Thanks Rob

/Portals/0/photo%281%29.JPG

/Portals/0/photo%282%29.JPG

/Portals/0/photo%283%29.JPG

3. Radim Schreiber

Radim Schreiber Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Doubledn> you can send photos of your entire aquarium to radims (-at-) skyfactory (-dot-) com
    abower> Great idea. I will give donation to GIRS in value of 5% of the contract.

4. Radim Schreiber

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AdamLawrence> Nice tank, but I don't see any fish.
    BioTeacher> Nice looking tank as well, is it possible to clean the glass completely?

5. BioTeacher

BioTeacher

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Absolutely! I already have kids on it! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

6. etmeyer4327

etmeyer4327

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I'll throw mine in there. 125g

7. Radim Schreiber

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    BioTeacher> great! :)
    Eric> I really like your tank, very nice lighting and background. Can you tell me the height? It seems little small.

Everyone> Why do most tank use very purplish/bluish fluorescent lights? Is it for effect?

Thanks for all the posts. I am still looking, particularly if you have very unique and unusual tank, and very large, please post photos.

8. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    Most are lit with LEDs which are harder to photograph (at least for me!) and get the true colors the eye sees.

9. etmeyer4327

etmeyer4327

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Oops. I would not meet your 2ft req. Only 18-20 inches, I believe. I got excited about posted a pic of my tank...

10. Blaze

Blaze

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Will be sending pics soon of a 300 gallon and two 250 gallon tanks all stuffed with coral, anemones, and fish!

11. ALaake

ALaake

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have a 30" tall 375. BUT it only has eels in it. Not a reef, and all fish are quickly eaten. Probably want something with bright pretty fish swimming around right?

Too bad you didn't want freshwater, there's a 750 here that's got a stock list of some of the toothiest fish on the planet. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/sad.gif

12. Radim Schreiber

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Blaze> Great. Looking forward.
    ALaake> Post or send photos. I am open to freshwater, as long as it is aesthetically appealing. Eels sound interesting. As I mentioned earlier, more unique and bigger the better. Thanks.

13. bestimusmucho

bestimusmucho Inactive User

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Here's mine. 48"x48" 300 gallon viewable from both sides.

/Portals/0/userfiles/1682/20140729_184007.jpg

/Portals/0/userfiles/1682/20140729_184051.jpg

14. Radim Schreiber

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OperationTidalWave> Your tank is one of the best ones I have seen for our application because it is very tall. Could you take one photo completely strait on? I will use it for composition conceptual purposes. Thank you.

15. Shayna

Shayna Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    On the Cedar Rapids tank tour a couple years ago, I remember a huge cube in someone's living room that was plumbed down to the basement - all cords were hidden and it was set up in the middle of the room. Great rockscaping too. Probably the best privately owned set up I've ever seen. 300 gallons or so from what I remember. I think it would be a great candidate for this if anyone knows who I'm talking about - I don't remember his name.

16. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    That's Jill's I think shayna

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  17. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Ok a full shot of my 220, after taking some pictures I can see I should have cleaned the glass before taking picture. Lol
    . [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  18. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    Looking good Kyle! How did the potters do on the ride home from MACNA?

19. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I didn't go well. Its gone! It made it to my tank, but then parished the next day. I should have never bought it, but it was a chance I wanted to take. I should have listen to myself and Craig, but I didn't. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

20. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    Bummer