1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

hope not ich

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fishyness, Feb 5, 2009.

1. fishyness

fishyness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    About a month ago or so I noticed a couple white spots on my tangs tailfin, not like salt tho, then it was gone the next day. I just added some more fish and last nite I noticed a couple very tiny white spots on the angel. Not as large as a grain of salt. I've been reading on this site alot, and I think i will just feed garlic soaked food and do extra water changes and wait a bit?  Unless someone tells me different.  BTW No I didn't QT, but I usually dont when I get fish from AE  [​IMG]

2. PotRoast

PotRoast Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I would hold steady and see what happens. Feed the garlic, that is fine, the water change is fine.

Sometimes you see ich come and go real fast. A couple spots on a fin is really no big deal, unless it gets worse.

Finally, I think it is so important to QT. Not really even for ich. The fish need a place to chill out for a few days, get energized for when you dump them into the main tank. They need to be well rested to first fight off your other fish, and then find a good home/hiding spot.

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Tangs get spots a lot. Especially Blues... Just feed the garlic and try not to overreact.

4. fishyness

fishyness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    OK thanks. I'm really stressed about this so I'm sure I will do QT in the future. I know what caused this. Just a couple of weeks ago I gave Melafix and Pimafix to another fishy friend cause I've had these for about a year and " I have never had to medicate" I said.   Shoulda kept my mouth shut!!

5. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had the same thing with my blue tangs. Saw spots, freaked out and asked questions. 3 days later, the spots were gone.