1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Floods....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Waverz, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    So for some reason i decided to go downstairs before work this morning and its a good thing i did, my sump just started overflowing, apparently the old sump pump got tired of running constantly and decided to take a break. I had to go to menards and pick up a new one, by the time i got home i had a little over an inch on the floor.  All is well now now, i just gotta go clean up the mess.  This is rare to say but i would rather be at work than be dealing with this crap.  After hearing about other peoples flooding issues mine is nothing, i figure since i have the day off i might go help sand bag.....
    Anyone else tired of all of this rain yet???  When will it end?

2. wesly2007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    yeah im in cedar falls and they are saying the water is going to crest at about two feet over the levie. if that happens then the power will surely be out and i may need a generator. what a pain in the a$$ I dont have the money to buy a generator.

3. Duke13

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Here are some pics I took today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Duke13

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Duke13

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Duke13

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Bambi rescue

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Duke13

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Duke13

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

9. Duke13

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

More pics from today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Duke13

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    It's been a fricken terrible year!!!  I'm so tired of it right now it's unbelieveable.  Seiously thinking about moving out of Butler county before there's nothing left of it.  /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/crazy.gif
    Clarksville got hammered pretty hard Monday morning I ended up leaving work at 9:30 Mon. morning to come home and help people sandbag and whatever else needed to be done.  My house never got affected but my house sit's up on a hill and is probably one of the highest in town.  I live about right in the middle of town and there was water up to my neighbors back door.  We took a few pics but were pretty busy helping people so we didn't get a whole lot.  I did find some videos on youtube of the flood though.  I'll post them up here in a min.

12. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    These aren't my video's but it will give you a general idea of what clarksville looks like now.

13. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Just looked at the pics and I really don't have any good ones. Here's a pic taken from my garage.

[​IMG]