1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

cell phone as modem

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -=kevin=-, Jan 28, 2008.

1. -=kevin=-

-=kevin=- Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a notebook pc connected to the internet through my Q phone.  This is an old machine, P3 no wifi, etc. I didn't have a ethernet cable long enough to let me sit in the living room so.... another project, or challenge.  And I did it ! yeah.
    Well, I thought it was cool.  Hopfully Sprint won't notice, I have unlimited data on my $30/month plan.
    kevin

2. Benji

Benji Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. -=kevin=-

-=kevin=- Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yikes! Nice story. Maybe time to buy a usb/wifi thing-a-ma-jig.

4. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is that the story of the $800,000 cell phone bill? I don't know how they can tell you are using it as a modem, but that sucks...

5. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There is an option with Sprint to add 'PAM' (Phone as Modem) to your account so that you can do exactly this w/o getting in trouble. Not sure how much it is a month, but if you're going to be doing it on a consistent basis I would definitely look into it to see if it's worth it for you.

Or you could just go to Compusa and get a cheap wi/fi adapter since they have all their stuff on sale (make sure it wasn't something they marked up to just put on sale though, i've heard stories of some of their stores doing that...)