1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

For Sale Bud's Purge (Cancer)

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Bud, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    SKIP TO THE LISTINGS LINKS: For Sale - Bud's Purge (Cancer)

Hey all I haven't really posted about this publicly on social media (purposely) but I did post this on my R2R Algae Scrubber status thread back in November:

To catch everyone here up, I had (rather invasive) throat surgery on 12/12, then some molars pulled a few weeks ago in prep for combined chemo-radiation (which started last week).

I have someone leasing out my workshop space through the end of the lease period but I have resigned to the fact that I really need to purge out everything I can and focus on my engineering company and my health, and this needs to happen really fast because the side effects of treatment are going to peak out right around the time my lease is done.

So I'm going to be posting a LOT of stuff that I have accumulated over the years. Some of this I have no idea what it's worth or if it is even good anymore, so many things will be free or "donation accepted".

I few of the items I will be posting:

75G glass tank with black silicone (pretty much new)
    40 Breeder
    RSR 170 full setup w/white stand and extras
    Various stock tanks

CWT Aquatics last-grab products:
    50g Rev B sump (last one) GONE
    Two (2) 25g Rev A sumps with bubbles in the seams
    One (1) 5g ATO with no defects (just the old version prior to adding the LSS port)

Scrap Acrylic: all you want, I'm tossing a whole bunch of this eventually. Some is old (paper gets dried up, etc) but my garbage is someone's treasure

Boxes: If you need big boxes I have big boxes. Literally hundreds. I will sell them cheap GONE

Bulkheads: 1" and 1.5" slip x slip (hundreds of each)

Buckets: I have a bunch of white Lowe's 5G buckets and lids, gently used.

100G Vertical Stock Tank: one I listed a while back never sold

Dual RODI: I have a couple of these that I will post

Dual GFO/Carbon reactor: I think I have 3 of these

Various junk picked up over the years from prizes and such: lots and lots of this stuff.

Coming soon. When I can...this week is pretty busy

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
  2. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear this Bud. Hoping all goes well for you.

3. Easy E Novice Reefkeeper Leadership Team

Shellsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Best wishes for healing and recovery.

Would you have enough scrap acrylic to build a small sump approximately 20"L x 15"W x 18"H?

4. AdamLawrence Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Best wishes and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 via App

5. D007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +66 / 1 / -0
    Sorry to hear that news Bud. Hope the treatment and recovery goes well and your back too it shortly after

6. Hope all goes well Bud!

7. Dave Amelon GIRS Member

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -0
    Sorry to hear that, I hope all goes well for you.

8. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Possibly but not 100% sure

9. Easy E Novice Reefkeeper Leadership Team

Shellsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Bud, for some reason I didn't get a notification that you had replied. I would probably take the scrap acrylic off your hands if it's still available.

10. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    No big deal, nothing is gone yet. The acrylic scrap that I have may not be worth it, mostly long narrow pieces that I've been hanging on to for years, so the paper is all dried up. There are tricks to getting old paper off but it's just another step. I mean I'm gonna toss it otherwise so have at it, but just don't want you to waste a trip

I'm going to be listing stuff here pretty soon.

11. Easy E Novice Reefkeeper Leadership Team

Shellsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I would need some pieces that are at least 18" wide. Otherwise, you're right, it's probably not worth the trip.

12. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Sent you a message

13. Chlora Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Stronghurst, IL
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    So sorry to hear this! Cancer sucks (I went through it) I pray everything goes well for you. If you have a chance check into RSO for help with the cancer. I have recently heard some great things about it helping and even getting rid of cancer. If my cancer ever comes back I will be doing this with my treatment.