1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Back, and seeking advice

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Vintonian, May 21, 2020.

1. Vintonian

Vintonian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Former member returning. I just moved back to Iowa after about 6 years of being away. When I was here I had a Biocube that I absolutely loved, it was thriving but it couldn’t make the move with us. In the last 5 years I’ve had a couple freshwater tanks to scratch the itch and keep my kids happy, but it’s just not the same.

I am looking to set up a small to moderate tank with an eventual goal of fish and easy to care for softies. I like the lid and the AIO aspect of the Biocube but really I’m just looking for something simple to set up that I don’t have to worry about children getting into. I’ve never bought a “new” tank, and every used tank I’ve purchased has had an issue that costs more to fix than buying new would have.

Would anyone have recommendations of where to start? I looked for a Biocube , but I won’t buy from non-mainstream online retailers and the options are limited. I won’t say that money isn’t an issue, but I want to keep it relatively reasonable and not to keep making purchases to replace things I’ve already bought. I guess the goal is getting the most value for money.

Side note: water supply and mixing recommendations also appreciated. I used to buy premixed from AC&C because it gave me a reason to go look often.

2. Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  3. Vintonian

Vintonian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I got set up with the 32 Biocube. It’s a good start for now to help me feel comfortable about working toward my dream tank in the next couple years.