1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Anybody interested in a group buy of LED`s??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigbus, Jul 3, 2009.

1. bigbus

bigbus Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I am new here to girs but I have been pretty active over on RC and NR, I am going to get around 120 led's to build my light fixture for a new 110 tank. 
    I was wondering if anybody here would be interested in a group buy to drive prices down.  I could get the prices for the amounts of units we achieve.

2. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where we you planning on buying them and how big a discount would you get for bulk? I am playing with the idea of building an LED fixture.

3. bigbus

bigbus Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is what I got so far:

Up to and including 100: $5.85 each ($0.15 off normal price)

101-250: $5.76 each ($0.24 off normal price)

251-350: $5.64 each ($0.36 off normal price)

350-500: $5.45 ($0.55 off normal price)

500+: $5.25 ($0.75 off normal price)

This is from ETG as many other reefers have done bulk through them and they ship really fast. I already want to order 120 for myself so we would already be in the second bracket. The more we get the more we save, and from what I am seeing from other led builds, the lights are awesome.

4. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By bigbus on 07/03/2009 06:27 PM
    Here is what I got so far:
    Up to and including 100: $5.85 each ($0.15 off normal price)
    101-250: $5.76 each ($0.24 off normal price)
    251-350: $5.64 each ($0.36 off normal price)
    350-500: $5.45 ($0.55 off normal price)
    500+: $5.25 ($0.75 off normal price)
    This is from ETG as many other reefers have done bulk through them and they ship really fast. I already want to order 120 for myself so we would already be in the second bracket. The more we get the more we save, and from what I am seeing from other led builds, the lights are awesome.
    What are the wattages of these LED's?

5. bigbus

bigbus Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    These are 3 watts 107 lumen cree leds already mounted on a pcb star. The blues are also 3 watts but I forget the lumens, I think 107 or so too.

6. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thought they were making 5 watt LEDs now?

7. bigbus

bigbus Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They do, they are just 13-16 bucks a pop, plus you can only run like 2-3 of them on a high powered controller. So 2-3 times the amount of controllers + the crazy price just doesnt justify the money issue. Plus with 5 watts you can light like a 3 foot deep tank or more.

8. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By bigbus on 07/09/2009 09:01 PM
    They do, they are just 13-16 bucks a pop, plus you can only run like 2-3 of them on a high powered controller. So 2-3 times the amount of controllers + the crazy price just doesnt justify the money issue. Plus with 5 watts you can light like a 3 foot deep tank or more.
    I would have to disagree with that, as someone who owns one of the 3 watt/bulb Solaris systems.  I only have a 25" deep tank and the light on the bottom of the water is not so great.  Even half way down was somewhat of a problem.  However, do understand the cost factor.