1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

16th or March 1st?

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Guest, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    DM Meeting.  Let me know when you're available.  The weekend between is ok as well, I just won't be able to make it.  I'm thinking Ingersoll this time.   Please give your thoughts and keep in mind that I'll organize but you guys ultimately decide on these. 
    If anyone has any thoughts that they don't want to share with everyone on when/where we meet, please PM me. 
    Hugs and kisses.
    Ryan

2. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to be out of the country on the 1st (and the weekend prior) so I vote for the 16th!

Are we actually going to do an afternoon tank tour prior to dinner/drinks? Or follow our same tradition of deciding that after dinner?

If we're looking for a bar/grill atmosphere I vote for Zimms for dinner. Otherwise we could do Bakers Square if we're being economical or Noah's Ark or Jesse's Embers if we're looking for somewhere a little nicer...

3. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You know me...I am down for whateva!

Zimms, Jesse's, Noah's, The Buffet, Baker's Square...all fine by me.

4. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ohh I forgot about the Feed Bag (China One Buffet)!!

5. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I don't have anything planned on either day. What country are you going to Phil?
    As for places to eat, I'd be OK with Zimms. Baker's square would be at about the bottom of my list. But I'm 0 for 2 on attendance so my opinion doesn't really count for much.
    How are everyone's fish doing from the group order? My shrimp is alive ( I think) but my watchman went MIA the day after I put him in.

6. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to Columbia! I'm pretty excited - should be an interesting experience. (I'm headed down with a group from my parents church and we're going to be renovating a building into a school. So framing/drywall/painting, stuff like that)

Too bad your goby went MIA, otherwise we could have taken a picture and sent it to BlueZoo for credit!

I will be ready to order again sometime after I return from my trip, so if you want to get a replacement let me know. I'll be ordering from LiveAquaria.

Well I'm still only able to attend if we do something this weekend, but I'm surprised no one else has posted! Wayne, Joel, anyone else?? No one wants to hang out anymore??

7. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We're too rowdy for the majority I guess. :-(

8. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I won't be able to make it this weekend, i have to use my babysitter during the day Sat. Sorry i haven't posted that until now. I vote for when you get back.
    Maybe my princess will be able to make it then. Have fun in Columbia.

9. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I missed this thread until today for some reason. We have kids every other weekend, of course that is this weekend and the 1st. We sort of have to do things with them on those days. We may have to skip this time, but if it happens to get moved to the 23rd or the 8th we might be able to make it. Of course I did like the Friday night thing too!
    Ryan #3, I just wish I could still get rowdy. I used to be able to hold my own with just about anybody. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/blink.gif

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As a matter of fact, the douchebag factory that is Lowes scheduled me for that weekend. To their HR, "every other weekend" translates roughly to "every f****** weekend."

Do we want to reschedule? Sounds like no one can make it.

I'd like to have next month's meeting in Ames, if everyone would go for it. Maybe the 15th? Anyone in the ames area that would like to show off a tank? Anyone in the ames area that would like to come?