1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Zoa pox treatment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kyle, Jan 18, 2009.

1. kyle

kyle Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
       Well I learned one lesson from treating my tank for zoa pox. Furan 2 works great.....but kills neon blue legged hermit crabs.All 3 of mine are gone since the treatment.They were the only things bothered by the treatment.

2. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I thought the furan was supposed to be only for a dip and not a full tank treatment?

3. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    ^ it is a dip not a full tank treatment

4. kyle

kyle Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The literature I read online was for a whole tank treatment.Followed the directions and no more pox.The pox moves around thru the water system in the tank.If you only dip the corals, which in this case wasn't possible due to the scope of the colonies,then if all you do is dip them, they will be reinfected later from your whole system.this eliminates ALL the pox in your system.They are now reproducing quickly and colored better.Still no signs of recurrance. I now dip new corals before placing them, to avoid re-infection of the pox.Easier this way. If all I lost were two $5 crabs so be it, all my corals looked better after the treatment. So I guess it works! :)