1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Xroads leaving the hobby

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xroads, Oct 6, 2017.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey all

As some of you know I recently retired. I thought I would have more time to spend on my tanks, possibly even expand into aquaculture again.

But now I find myself drawn to other activities that are taking up more and more of my time. I find my interest in my tanks loosing out.

So after 22 years I am getting out, possibly forever, possibly for a year or two.

Thanks to everyone in the hobby past and present, it has been a vital part of my life for some time.

I am in the process of taking down my tanks and plan on having a couple tables at Fall Fest to liquidate everything. I have 22 years of stuff to get rid of, so wont be able to bring everything I have. Let me know if you are looking for anything between now and then.

Thanks
    Craig

• Uh oh! Not good! Uh oh! Not good! x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. clown man Well-Known ReefKeeper

Iowa city,iowa
    Ratings:
    +29 / 2 / -0
    Sad to see ya go but life goes on and you can now enjoy everything else in life

3. stew Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Just retired today so I know the feelings. Good luck and hope you decide to get back in.

4. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    Congrats on retirement. Hope to see you back in the hobby one day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    Sad to see you go Craig . Maybe someday we will cross paths again.

Sent from my iPhone via App

6. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Wow Congrats! Enjoy

7. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Congratulations on your retirement. It's been almost 10 years for me now, and I haven't regreted one day. I've always found more things that I want to do than there are hours in the day.

8. matt1971 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations on your retirement. Thank you for all you have done for this area.

9. jeremy Acro Addict

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +836 / 4 / -0
    Congratulations on your retirement. Hope you enjoy it.

10. yankieman Well-Known ReefKeeper

Monmouth, IL
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Congrats on retirement good luck on all your endeavors ,,

11. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Congratulations Craig on your retirement from work and the hobby! Now's your time to do what you want with less stress and getting rid of that "have to" mindset. Take your time and enjoy, even if it is just a snooze;) Keep active and your mind too so you can be healthy during the senior years. Your contributions to the hobby, both here in Iowa and elsewhere, as well as being a founder of GIRS, is appreciated by many! Thank you! If you do get back in to SW, you again will probably see many, many changes! Again, congrats, enjoy and good health to you!

Terri

12. Deleted member 1172

Deleted member 1172 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congrats man! Bummer to see you get out, but thank you for all the advice, the knowledge, and the presence in the hobby. Especially in the desert that is the midwest! Hope to see you on here occasionally, as you have been a very valuable asset on this forum. Take care man!