1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Xenia between zoa polyps???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jtown, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So I've got a really nice zoo that covers a good size rock and is very thick and covers every centimeter of the rock. I've noticed recently there are a few pieces of xenia starting to pop up right in the middle of the zoo, coming out in between polyps.

My question is do I just leave it alone or should I pull them out so it doesn't take over the zoo? It started as one lil piece a few weeks ago but now there is like 5 of them! What should I do?

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Take a razor knife and dig the xenia out of there. I'd rather have zoas that xenia. Either way, if you leave them, they'll fight for the space.

3. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes, definately remove them, they will take over. xenia is nice in moderation, zoas are pretty at all times :) minus brown ones....

4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I disagree, leave it be. Xenia is cool and I know you are looking for some anyway. If you keep your tank pristine it will not take over IMO.