1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WYSIWYG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tolkein6, May 15, 2019.

1. Tolkein6

Coralville
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    A couple of general questions.

I see the WYSIWYG acronym used frequently. This is new since I returned to the hobby. I know the what it stands for, but what does it mean in practice? Is it that what is in the image you are looking at is what you are getting and that it is a one off...or does it have other connotations as far as warranty etc?

I have noticed that a lot of the tank set ups that I see online are now "hard plumbed". That appears to be a change as well. I am used to setting up with flexible hose and band clamps? Thoughts?

2. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    What you see is what you get is that acronym. Also if you are interested in hard plumbing your setup I have some extra piping you can have

3. nrenn Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waverly, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    WYSIWYG means the picture is of the actual item you will receive, and it is not a representation. Most sites have a separate WYSIWYG section for higher quality or unique specimens such as colonies, or something they don't usually stock so don't have a page already set up. In this case, they aren't referring to warranty or arrive-alive exemptions.

As example: WWC livesales and ebay sales use WYSIWYG for each item, there may be two identical montis side-by-side, but each picture is of that specific item.