1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WTS or trade Garmin Nuvi 250 ----$70----

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by adampottebaum, Oct 19, 2009.

1. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    First off, I wasn't sure if this should be in the buy/sell topics or the off topic topics. If it needs moved, sorry.

I bought a gps(garmin nuvi 250) unit about 2 months ago and loved it. For my dad's birthday I ordered him a little nicer model(garmin nuvi 260w) from MacMall(terrible customer service) and about a week after ordering they said it was back ordered and I'd have to wait two weeks. Well I called and canceled the order because my dad's birthday was in less than two weeks and didn't want it late. I ordered a different one that was even nicer(garmin nuvi 340w) for barely any more since it was refurbished and it arrived in time for my dad's birthday. Well, Mac Mall decided to send/bill me for the one I canceled(260w) also so I now have two GPS's. I've decided to keep the Nuvi 260w and sell the Nuvi 250 since the 260w has a bigger screen.

So if anyone's looking for a nice used gps I have one! It's a Garmin Nuvi 250, used about 2 months, like new. Comes with suction cup mount, cradle to hold gps to the suction cup, gps unit, and car power cable. I'm open to possible trades, I can also bring it to fall fest if someone too far to drive to Cedar Falls wants it. Please make offers, I'm not really sure what's fair...

2. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
  3. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great little GPS. Used mine (I think its a 260w?) for about a year and a half until real gps came out for the iphone. Still like the Garmin better to be honest but the convenience of an all in one has mine in the girlfriend's vehicle now /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

4. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    $70 anyone?

5. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What are you looking for trade?

6. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hmm... thinking about it.

7. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Right now I'm looking for a new return pump so I can stop using my 3 maxijets! haha. I am also looking for a better skimmer that produces no micro bubbles for my seahorse tank. Maybe some nice corals that I don't already have...

8. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ill hook you up with another maxijet so you can have 4 /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif What kind of skimmer are you using now?

9. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Haha, I'm using a reverse flow type with a wooden air stone. It's alright, but it needs to be better. I tried hooking my seaclone 150 to it but it just puts out way too much bubbles into the tank. I might try tweaking that again sometime soon. Seahorses can't pass bubbles easily so it causes them health problems if theirs micro bubbles. Otherwise for filtration I run a gutted hang on the back powerfilter with 5 or 6 mangroves. I have a 10 gallon hex underneath the tank. I was in a rush to get it into the sump before I put the tank on so I didn't leak test it. There's a tiny tiny leak last time I checked it, I tried patching it up but haven't checked it again. I should get to that sometime this week also.

So I guess I'm also interested in trading for an overflow box! I'm moving to a cheaper apartment in a couple months so I think I might drill it with a glass-holes overflow box when I do...

10. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well I have a CPR Bak-Pak if at all interested in a partial trade or something

11. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea I'm definitely interested in trading for a bak pak. Do you get any air bubbles coming back into the tank with them? I think I remember they are pretty good at avoiding that problem. I was just looking at the CPR replica from aquatraders today...