1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Wtloo/CF area brainstorm meeting

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by jwess, Nov 17, 2009.

1. jwess

jwess

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Im curious if anyone wants to meet this Sunday the 22 at about 1:30 out at the PIPAC center.  I would like to get some ideas and input on equipment to turn over the restaurant aquarium.  Ive got a parts list put together but would still like some opinions on some stuff or even some hook ups on cheaper stuff.  Im trying not to give them sticker shock.  Anyway if anyone wants to come out I have access to the building.  Please respond if you would like to come so Im not standing around by myself. 
    Josh

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Josh, Let me check my calander but I think I could make that one. I'm sort of curious to see this monstrosity.

3. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Haha, yea I could stop by too, I have the day off of work. What's the address? Is there any equipment you need? I'm sure all of us have extras laying around that we could donate and I could bring them with me!

4. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I'll look through all my old stuff and let you now what I have. Once it gets up and running I'm sure I'll have some easier to keep corals I can donate also.

5. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will be there josh

Adam, i dont think he needs any equipment yet, he is just getting idea and prices to give to the management, to get the ok to buy things

6. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    I will try to make it, visit my old fish/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

7. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Looks like I am busy that day. I would still like to check it out sometime though.

8. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I will be there.

9. tgauger

tgauger Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will join as well, about 1:30 correct?

10. jwess

jwess

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ya, 1:30 out at PIPAC. If you dont know where its at its out in the CF industrial park on Hudson Rd just accross the street from the Target center. Ill probably just open the front main hall doors. The restaurant will be on your right down the hall. The restaurant isnt open on Sundays so dont expect any munchies.
    Josh

11. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Can we make our own drinks?

12. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i dont think darin would miss a little alcohol :) :)

13. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey Josh,

I was thinking about things you could put in, a nice big toadstool leather would look cool in there too. Should be cheap to get a small one & let it grow. I could also bring in a RBTA to add