1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WTB water pumps

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by h2so4hurts, Mar 15, 2009.

1. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I need one or two used water pumps.  I need to treat my tank for red planaria and am making a couple of large carbon filters (Don't want to take any chances).  I'm looking for something cheap in the 500GPH range. Rio 2100-3100 would be great.  I'm in North Liberty about 2 blocks from SoM.  Thanks!

2. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have 2 2100s they need new props prob. $20

3. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
  4. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I saw an article about that while doing my research. I wondered if flatworm eXit was the same drug?  Sounds like this stuff is the way to go.  I wonder if I can find some pig dewormer in Iowa...  Hmmm :)

5. psulion

psulion

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I might have a rio 2100 laying around I would sell for cheap. Need to find it though and test it first.

6. psulion

psulion

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's actually a RIO 1700 but it does work. Covered with calcium deposits. $20

7. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey H20, I think shipping on my end will be a little pricy. hope to get to SOM soon but I have a lot to do before the swap. Dave

8. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Brian -
    I'll be in DSM tomorrow if that helps.
    -Eric

9. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dammit, missed this thread, otherwise I'd have you pick up those pumps from Bill. Thanks Eric.

I figured shipping would be pricey Bill, but I need these pumps for the weekend and won't be at the fest /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

Where are you located Psulion? I'm just trying to make an improvised in tank carbon filter out of a 2 liter pop bottle. The 1700 should work well!

10. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I have a phosban reactor you can borrow and run carbon through if that would work better. Send me a PM if you need it

11. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's a good idea too glaspie! I didn't even think of that. Where are you located? Thanks!
    Eric said he might be able to get the pumps today from bill.  Not sure if they met up. I'm just sick of looking at these worms.

12. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I'm in Independence, the reactor hooks to a mj1200,if you dont have one i probably have an extra laying around.

13. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not sure I'll be able to make it all of the way up there this weekend /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif I think I'm going to have to get creative with some tubing and improvise a siphon filter.