1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WTB Tunze controllable powerhead

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by adampottebaum, Jun 27, 2009.

1. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I'm looking to buy a Tunze controllable powerhead and don't want to buy new. It needs to be DC and controllable. I'm going to use it alone to simulate a wave and if I can't get a good enough wave that way I'm going to build a wavebox for it. Thanks
    Adam

2. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Check ReefCentral...I think you'll have better luck as they are selling in their buy/sell forums all the time and are small enough to ship easily.

--AJ

3. psulion

psulion

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have two tunze turbelle streams 6101 and a 7095 controller. Magnets included. They are 6 months old.

4. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy the new nano wavebox and be done with it. If you figure out the numbers its almost the same price

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2021
  6. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    it looks like fun but the reality is if you don't have a ton of necessary tools (which will be far over $220) a project like this isn't feasible. Personally I'd just buy one used and be done with the hassle

7. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea the reefcentral link was the one that got me interested in it. I probably will just use one pump, but I have all the other things to build it so it wouldn't cost very much more to make a wavebox, it just wouldn't look as nice...