1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WTB Tank ~ 100G

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Bela, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So my girlfriend finally gave me the ok to get a bigger tank (sitting on a 10g nano at the moment, LOL). I am looking for an inexpensive 100g-ish tank, though I am not terribley set on size (I don;t want to go below 75 or above maybe 180). I can build the stand (and would prefer to, DIY is just fun for me) but for a good price a stand is ok. Acrylic or glass, dirty or clean, I am not picky so long as it will clean up nice and hold water. Let me know what you guys got collecting dust!
    ~ Bela

2. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey how soon are you wanting to do this?  i'm gunna be switching from my 125 to a 120 here in a month or so so i'll have a 125 available.  its RR (not a pretty RR but works) it is 6ft long though.  i'm thinking about 200.  i got a coralife 125 supper skimmer for it too if you need one that i'll sell and a whole halide setup :)

3. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    cedar rapids craigslist > flag with care:
    More info
    75 Gal. Oceanic Aquarium - $250 (SE Cedar Rapids)

[hr]
    Reply to: Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-06-04, 10:43PM CDT

We have a 75 gallon Oceanic aquarium with black trim, Oceanic Glass tops, heater and 2 filters for sale. If you know much about Aquariums you know Oceanic is one of if not the best they use heavier thicker glass and are very picky about the quality. We also have a dual bulb fixture that goes with it live rock, live sand, and if you want the saltwater this tank is set up and completely cycled. The light is adequate for most standard corals. The livestock does not go with this aquarium nor does the stand. We are trying to sell at least one of our aquariums. We have too many right now. Once one or two have sold we will end the sale.
    [​IMG]

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1204410771

[hr]

[*]Copyright © 2009 craigslist, inc.
    [*]terms of use
    [*]privacy policy
    [*]feedback forum [/list]

4. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    More info
    125 Reef Ready Aquarium - $500 (SE Cedar Rapids)

[hr]
    Reply to: Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-06-04, 10:46PM CDT

We have a 125 gallon All-Glass Aquarium with built in corner overflows. It is currently set up and running. It comes with 2 heaters Glass tops, 2 36" dual bulb lights, live sand, live rock, some decor, a home made stand and two filters. The particular set up this tank uses is designed for quite it doesn't sound like there is a waterfall or even worse a toilet in your living room but by design it does have a slight trickle noise. You can sit right beside the tank and watch tv or read with no distraction. It is on the main level of our home so it won't be a nightmare to get it out. If you bring enough buckets/totes you can even have the water. We are trying to sell at least one of our aquariums. We have too many right now. Once one or two have sold we will end the sale.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

[​IMG]

PostingID: 1204367702

[hr]

[*]terms of use
    [*]privacy policy

5. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    More info
    150 Gal Fish Aquarium / Tank - $500 (Cedar Rapids)

[hr]
    Reply to:Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-05-30, 10:19PM CDT

150 gallon fish tank / aquarium for sale. Includes oak colored stand, drilled (reef ready) tank with overflows, canopy, approx 30 gallon megaflow 4 sump filter with pump. No lights. Asking $500. You move. Measures 6ft long by 6ft tall when set-up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

PostingID: 1197559720

[hr]

[*]terms of use
    [*]privacy policy

6. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    iowa city craigslist > flag with care:
    More info
    75 Gallon Fish Tank with Live rock - $200 (Brighton)

[hr]
    Date: 2009-05-31, 9:25PM CDT

I have a 75 gallon fish tank and stand thats set of for salt water with a 20 gallon sump for sale for 200
    is comes with 50 pounds of live rock thats cured
    all the pumps and sand
    90 pounds of salt
    it has a light but need 2 bulbs replace
    has protein skimmer but need new pump
    all u have to do is add water and fish and it rdy to go
    its still set up if u want to see it and i can send pics if u want some
    I getting rid of it because i just got a 150 gallon and need the room
    Thanks for looking

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

PostingID: 1198912469

[hr]

[*]terms of use
    [*]privacy policy

7. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    iowa city craigslist > flag with care:
    More info
    75 Gallon Fish Tank Setup - $175 (North Liberty)

[hr]
    Date: 2009-05-29, 1:06PM CDT

Looking to clean out a room and sell my 75g All Glass setup. The tank has not had water in it for 2 years but there were no leaks. The setup includes everything I have left including:
    Tank
    Stand
    Custom Hood (nothing fancy but gets the job done)
    Normal Output Lights
    Heaters
    Powerheads (might need some cleaning)
    Emperor Water Filter (will also need cleaning)
    Misc Cleaning Supplies and Chemicals
    Here are a couple images of when it was setup.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PostingID: 1195212118

[hr]

[*]terms of use
    [*]privacy policy

8. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    So anyway...
    Try Craig's List if nothing comes up in here...seems to be a ton of 75's which is strange as when I was looking for a 75 there were hardly any...hmm...but I realize you want 100+ gallons.  Difference between a 75, 90 and 110 gallon is the height as the footprint is the same.  For me, I'd have difficulty reaching the bottom of a 110.
    -Eric

9. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Probably goes along with the fact that more people are more "in to" their tanks during the winter months than in the summer months. Seems like there are some nice tanks available for those in the market.

--AJ

10. jstngates Experienced Reefkeeper

Toledo Iowa
    Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    hey liebcire how many tanks do you have?

11. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jstngates on 06/05/2009 06:31 AM
    hey liebcire how many tanks do you have? Just two, and none of the tanks I posted are mine.
    Just reminding people that Craig's List is a great place to find stuff, marine or otherwise, although sometimes the prices are more than you'd find in the club for similar items.
    -Eric

12. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Posted By apjohnson on 06/05/2009 06:24 AM
    Probably goes along with the fact that more people are more "in to" their tanks during the winter months than in the summer months. Seems like there are some nice tanks available for those in the market.
    --AJ
    I would also think it has something to do with the economy and students graduating/leaving the area...but summer is always a slow time for reefing!
    -Eric

13. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    True.

14. jstngates Experienced Reefkeeper

Toledo Iowa
    Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    I currently have a 75 saltwater and then a 55, 37, and 2 29s for my cichlids. Is there a tank bigger than my 75 but that is still 48 inches so my lighting still fits? I think my gf would only go for a new tank if i get rid of all my small ones make my saltwater the bigger one and my current 75 my cichlid tank.

15. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A 90 has the same footprint as the 75.   I think there may also be another one that's not as common...something like a 110X which is an extra tall tank.

--AJ

16. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow... thanks so much guys. Very helpful :)
    PM sent to snowman /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

17. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    120 is 48" thats why i'm switching to it :) haha

18. varner

varner

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ebay has a great 150gal acrylic tank for $350 buy it now ITS IN IOWA CITY ebay #320379195432 best tank ive seen this cheap you got to check it out the foot print is perfect and its RR

19. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

i know he will take $300 for a best offer cause I offerd $250 and he counterd with $300

20. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that would be a great tank if you had the money....wish i did :)