1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WTB: SPS, sofites pretty much anything that has color!

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by reefgoon09, Nov 12, 2008.

1. reefgoon09

reefgoon09 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looking to start filling up my 135. I finally have halides and can prety much grow anything so let me know what you have! I am looking for a carpet maybe also, or any type of anemone. Seriously anything u might have let me know![​IMG]

2. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anemone's are not easy to keep unless you are talking about bubble tip anemones'.  Even though you have a larger tank, you won't be able to keep an assortment of anemones in it without possible disaster. You also need a mature tank for most anemones.  I don't know how mature your tank is, and I don't want to burst your bubble, but you really need to research requirements for all creatures before you just add them to your tank.  You and your critters will do much better in the long run!

3. reefgoon09

reefgoon09 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    O I know that I mean I am looking for just one, and not right now later on down the road. Thanks for the heads up tho because some people make that mistake of right when they get a tank they just go out and buy 6 tangs that don't get along and put them in a 30 gallon! LOL

4. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nothing prettier than a Rose Bubble Tip in a tank !

5. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yes, be careful what coral you put in there. Because some of that stuff can grow like weeds.

6. reefgoon09

reefgoon09 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A rose would be nice. I just want to make sure if I get an anemone that it won't move areound and kill anything in the tank. Lol tibbs u are correct on that one! I have some anthelia and wow, it is growing like crazy. I can't believe that they could sell something like that in a store because of how fast it grows!

7. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, anthelia are a fast growers too. Myself I had a real problem with mushrooms overgrowing everything in my tank. Rose BTAs are great. They look good and are very hardy (for anemones).

8. reefgoon09

reefgoon09 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know anyone around here that has one? Healthy one at that? I am still debating on putting some shrooms in the tank in fear that wat happened to you will happen to me!

9. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've been told that pretty much any anemone can move. Their biggest threat of course is your good old powerhead.

10. reefgoon09

reefgoon09 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ^^^^ Yea that scares me alot, my luck I would come home and the thing would be getting sucked threw right as I start looking at my tank!!!

11. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where are you located? I have a few easy SPS that I could frag for you. I'm in Iowa City.

Anna :)

12. reefgoon09

reefgoon09 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am from Des Moines.