1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WTB: orange or blue star fish!!

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Guest, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i am looking to buy one or two orange or a blue linckia star fish. I do have an electric blue lobster so i really dont know if they will be compatable but i hope so! Anyone know??

2. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Blue Linkia get kina big and are clumsy bull dosers. The red forma or orange stay smaller so might be better if you dont want your corals plowed over. I love the look of blues but get tired of my turbo snails knocking stuff over as it is and go thru a ton of super glue cleaning up after them. Just a thought before you get one....

Im not sure on compatability of the lobster tho... Dont know much about them

3. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I will have to disagree with you there on Blue Linkias Justin. Mine is huge and has never knocked anything over. He moves so slow he just goes around everything.
    Linkia can be hard to keep alive so be very confident you are ready for one.
    I also do not know the compatibility with a lobster but I am guess it may be a problem.

4. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea Linkias are pretty hard to keep long term. I know Fromias are the easiest to keep of any starfish other than the serpent/brittles, and they also have some very cool and unusual color patterns.

5. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have a purple reef lobster and a sand sifting star and they haven't had any issues but i think my lobster has been eating my chromis i keep missing some... started out with 4 2 weeks ago now got 2 and haven't found any on the floor. so either cat found them or lobster gotem..