1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WTB Mangrove Tree

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Reefdumb, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Reefdumb

Reefdumb Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anybody have any Mangroves they want to sell

2. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have Mangroves from e-bay. They grew great! Get the ones from Hawaii. Also keep them covered w/a clear dome or top. They tend to dry out. It also helps to use a airstone in the covered area to introduce moisture to the atmosphere. This really works! I will try to post pics. Also shy away from localy harvested mangroves because of there very fragile root system. Many failed attempts, this might help your marine forest!LOL Dave

3. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Any pics of that airstone contraption? I just ordered 21 from ebay. I have 2 in my seahorse tank and 3 more in my reef tank, but I can always use more...

4. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yea Ill get a pic. Just run like 3-4 standard airstones close to the surface.

5. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea the three I have now are in the sump where the overflow comes and it has a lot of bubbles that are keeping them wet. What do you use to keep them afloat? I use styrofoam but it seems like it is blocking a lot of the light to them....

6. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have a lot of LR in my sump, with the roots down deep in the LR. only ablut the top 4-5 inches are above the surface. Mist w/rodi water at least 1 time per day.