1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WTB Live Rock

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by PotRoast, Jul 14, 2008.

1. PotRoast

PotRoast Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Please let me know if you are willing to sell/give away any live rock. I need about #360 lbs so any and all offers will be considered.

Thanks so much for your consideration.

2. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Something you might want to consider is buying dry rock.  I have bought the extra rock I'm going to need from Bulk Reef Supply (the Pukani rock) for my upgrade and it is really top notch rock.  The thing about dry rock is that it is a much more economical way to go (shipping was really reasonable) since it's dry and lightweight and very porous.  You also don't get any bad hitchhikers that way and using some "live " rock with it, it will become live in a realitively short period of time.  Check out my build thread for actual pictures of the rock.  I bought a total of 90 lbs of that rock for 2.59 cents a lb and it would probably compare with 150lbs of wet, live rock as far as volume and surface area.  In the past I've paid $50 for one large, live rock from the fish store and high end live rock is not cheap. I prefer this dry rock to any of the expensive rock in my tank.
    Just something you might consider.

3. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to second Robyn's suggestion of using dry rock. I used it to set up my current 90 gallon tank, and plan to use it for any future tank setups as well. It has been completely trouble free, and looks great! I got mine from www.bulkreefsupply.com