1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WTB - Kalk Stirrer

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by jtesdall, Oct 26, 2009.

1. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I want to try supplementing with a little Kalk along with my Ca Rx. Seems like I had better growth when I used Kalk. So does anyone have a kalk stirrer sitting around they aren't using, my DIY takes up a bunch of room. Otherwise I will design a smaller version.

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Just sold my Deltec, sorry.

3. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    i just bought his deltec .......sorry

4. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i would be interested in in DIY stirrer that didn't use a pump. although Matts kalk reactor he made uses a Mag instead of a maxijet and he hasn't had to replace any of the impellers on it.

5. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    its been running for over 4 months with no problems

6. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I ran my DIY for a little over two years and only had to change 3 impellers out of the two pumps on the unit. I just want to try a commercial one to see if they do anything better. There is one called Grey Aquatic or something similar that is new for $169 but I don't really want to spend that much to try it.

7. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Not much for reviews on that Kalk stirrer but looks pretty good for the price. I also see they make face plates for the AC3s and ACjr.

8. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i've seen that one on RC before. i think a DIY stirrer with a motor and such would be cool. magnetic stirrer would be awesome

9. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    OK, thinking about just building another one. Anyone tried or head of a good motor to use as the stirrer. I am going to try stirring instead of a pump maybe this time.

10. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i would go to a thrift store look for a cheap microwave and bust it up, use the turntable motor, get some cast acrylic rods and weldon and there ya go :) thats my plans anyways....someday

11. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Look for a used Aquamedic kalkstirrer. They are simliar in design to the Deltec but for about half the price.