1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WTB IceProbe Chiller

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Lee, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Or some other kind of small chiller for a 20g tank.  I know it's almost impossible to find one this time of year but might as well ask.

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I hgad an ice probe chiller on my 24 gallon, IMO i would have been better off throwing in a few ice cubes every couple hours. Having some temp issues? Tried a fan? how about a window AC unit for the room the tank is in?

3. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    yeah i would second that.....they cant keep up

4. Lee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It only needs to drop a couple of degrees. I think they are rated at a 3-4 degree drop on a 20 gallon, and I only have about 16 gallons total. A window AC would probably work best, but I don't think my roomates would be too happy if I did that. For some reason my room is 5 degrees warmer than any other room.

5. Lee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jason what size of tank did you have it on?

6. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I used the same one jeremy had and it was on a 24 gal aquapod.....that 3-4 degrees is stretching it alot.....the bad part about those is the chilling part is fairly small so it doesnt do much

7. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Make one out of a dorm fridge, pump, coiled plastic tube! pm 4 info

8. Lee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the suggestion, but not looking to add any pumps to the tank at this time nor have the space for the fridge. Otherwise I would probably shell out the dough for a real chiller.