1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WTB: Bangaii Cardinals (2)

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Guest, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Has any one seen any in the shops anywhere?

2. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Seascapes in Des moines has em

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I will contact them.

4. mcclandy

mcclandy

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    just curious, but where is Seascapes located in DM?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hung at Sea of Marvels has them/gets them. Funny, the two ppl I know that have bought pairs from him BOTH have spawned within several months of purchase!!!

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Jmadison on 07/01/2009 03:02 PM
    Hung at Sea of Marvels has them/gets them. Funny, the two ppl I know that have bought pairs from him BOTH have spawned within several months of purchase!!!
    Did they save any of the spawn?  Coralville is just a bit too far from me and I don't know if he would overnight them but if I don't hear from the Des Moines shop I might give it a try.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By mcclandy on 07/01/2009 02:41 PM
    just curious, but where is Seascapes located in DM?
    I really don't know I just googled it and got their email adress.

8. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    seascape is located on 22nd street in the strip mall behind hooters. I would recomend spending the extra money and getting tank raised bangaii because wild caught ones have a tendency to not eat and starve to death. I always try to buy tank raised coral, fish, and inverts if possable because animals are helthier and its better for the enviroment

9. Big Country

Big Country Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    +1 to tank raised bangaii.  Bought some tank raised at Sea of Marvels (he raises them in the store) and they have been growing well (and healthy).  When I first found them in the QC, I bought wild caught (all that had been available)...but have a heck of a time keeping them alive.

10. Marc

Marc Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    petco has 2 and there prices are way better then hungs in coralville...

11. crony333

crony333 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By ninjazx777 on 07/01/2009 04:13 PM
    seascape is located on 22nd street in the strip mall behind hooters. I would recomend spending the extra money and getting tank raised bangaii because wild caught ones have a tendency to not eat and starve to death. I always try to buy tank raised coral, fish, and inverts if possable because animals are helthier and its better for the enviroment
    +1 Tank raised for the win.  They had a dozen or so juveniles about 3 weeks ago I think it was.  I bought a pair which are doing good I'm actually getting ready to move them out of the QT pretty soon.  Kinda suprised me that they had quite a few of them.  I bought a bunch of fish from bluezooaquatics 2 months back and didn't see any tank raised bangai in stock.. not even liveaquaria had any.

12. jstngates Experienced Reefkeeper

Toledo Iowa
    Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    i saw them at petco in marion the other night

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I found some tank raised on line but thanks anyway.