1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WTB: ATO or float switch for DIY auto top off

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Jtown, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Need something to keep my water level in check. Want an auto top off of some sort wether it's a DIY somebody made and no longer uses or a brand name. If not I'll also buy a float swith to make one myself. I know u can get them on eBay for cheap but i'm impatient and don't want to wait so I thought I'd try to pick ip local first. If anybody has anything let me know. I'll buy it

2. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I was looking for top off switches today too and someone on Reef Central posted this site. I am going to be buying one soon because I don't want to deal with wiring them to a pump, just plug in the line and BAM!

http://www.buckeyefieldsupply.com/Float-Valve-Adjustable-p115.html

3. vikubz Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    www.autotopoff.com

4. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a float switch that you can have for a frag or something if you want. Shaun

5. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    where are you located??? Id buy it from you but to be honest im fairly new to the hobby myself so dont really have any frags that i could part with at this point... Id buy it tho and you could buy urself a frag lol. Let me know.

6. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That sump came with a float valve .......