1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

wtb a external pump

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by DavidM199, Jul 28, 2008.

1. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am planning on building my sump in the basement now so i Need a nice pump. It must have atleast a max of 16 foot pump height. I am not wanting to spend a lot more than 100 for one  Let me know
    dave

2. Phathead

Phathead Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    good luck I am trying to find a pump also let me know what you end up going with. Check out my thread for some pump ideas to it is under Help I need a Pump!

3. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When I was considering which pump to buy for my new build, I looked at which pumps have the reputation for being quiet and reliable.  A failed pump could cause the most problems in my book and not an area to just look at dollars although we all want save money where we can.  This is just one area you can't skimp on, especially if you need to pump water "up" or any distance.
    The Sequence pumps have one of the best reputations around for both quality and quietness.  I bought a Sequence Barracuda for my particular build and it is a beautiful thing.  I don't have it hooked up yet but I can tell you I'm glad I went with quality in this area.  Sequence has many different pumps for different applications and I would suggest you check them out.