1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WTB 40-55 gallon set up

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by saltwaternewbee, Jun 26, 2008.

1. saltwaternewbee

saltwaternewbee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My wife and i are looking to get into saltwater new. We'd like to start small and grow from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS!
    I'm sure you will find different small tanks for sale both here and at other places.  If you are interested in buying a complete setup, I'll have my 90 gallon setup for sale in a few weeks after I get my 210 set up.  Let me know if you would like more details.
    My suggestion is to read everything you can before you buy anything.  Time and patience are the best investments you can make at this point.      
    Good luck!!

3. wesly2007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club.

I would have to agree with Robyn. I would suggest reading as much info as possible before going out and buying the first available set up. although I can assure you Robyns set up would be a very good set up. I lerked around in the forum section for a good 9 months before I decide I new enough about the hobby to feel comfortable to take the plunge.

Patience is defonately the key.

4. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It would also be good if you can get together with some club members and see how they designed their tanks. If i would have done that, it would have helped me when i got started.
    where are you located?

5. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with Robyn and Caleb. Take time to research what you want to keep in your tank and go look at some of the member's tanks that have been up for awhile. They will be able to show you what has and has not worked for them. This will save you time and money in the long run. It will also increase your chances of enjoying the hobby right from the start.