1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WTB 36 INCH METAL HALIDE

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by LuisReyes, Sep 13, 2009.

1. LuisReyes

LuisReyes Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Please let me know what you have prefer close to home unless shipping is okay with you. Please pm me with model and price. Thanks Luis

2. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Luis! In my years I have found that a Hamilton fixture is a great beginner lighting setup! The fixture is a sealed unit with dual fans that push/pull air through the fixture. This keeps heat transfer to a minimum. Also down the road you can upgrade the ballast and bulbs to accomidate your needs! You will spend a little more but it is worth the money over frustrations! Personaly I prefer halides(for the growth and shimmer) but a quality T5 also has its benifits! Good luck here is a link to Hamilton Tech Lighting! Dave

Here is the best of both worlds! T5 and Halide!
    http://www.hamiltontechnology.com/shop/?cat=81

3. LuisReyes

LuisReyes Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is what I am looking for a light that is going to provide growth and enough lighting for most corals LPS, SPS etc. Is this light going to be good for this or? Please let me know thanks
    Hamilton 3' Protostar HQI Metal Halide
    1 x 250W Hamilton 10,000K HQI DE Metal Halide Bulb.
    2 x 96W Dual Actinic 03/7100K(420nm/460nm) PC Bulbs.
    2 x Current USA Lunar Lights
    2 x Cooling Fans
    1 x Remote HQI ballast with Quick Disconnects
    1 x Remote PC ballast with Quick Disconnects
    Internal Hammertone Strip Reflector
    UV Absorbing Tempered Glass Lens
    Dimensions: 36"L x 11.5"W x 6.5"H
    Thanks for the help Luis

4. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well my friend... I have just the thing for you... 36" Current Fixture. 2x250w Pheonix 14k Halide and 4x36w T5's, 18 LED Lunar lights also. Go to the current website and you can find this model for like 900.00. Im selling mine for 400.00. All bulbs about 4 months old plus have spare T5s to change color combo. I promise you WILL NOT find a better 36" fixture for the price. In DSM if you want to see it above my tank and color. Comes with legs and hanging kit. In perfect working condition, just a little dusty and needs wiped off. Come look... No camera right now.

5. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PS it has the cooling fans, two remote ballast and all the other things you listed in what you want.

6. LuisReyes

LuisReyes Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Do you have a model number for me so I can check it out. Thanks

7. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm on my phone so can't post link it takes too long but when I get home I will. It's 4x39w t5 also. My post above says 36w. It's the only one on the current site with 2 250w halide and 4 39w t5 in a 36" model but I'll find u a link.

8. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    heres the link... Looks like its only 849.00 new now. Sorry I said 900.00... Tax and shippinging... well you do the math...

http://currentsea.com/details.php?id=ACU01076

9. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have to copy and paste... It works tho. Have stock t5 bulbs they list but changed the color combo to make it look wayyyyy better. Has 2 true actinic, 1 blue plus, 1 fiji purple. As I stated the halides are 14k pheonix bulbs also. Color is rediculous. Where are you? Come look at it if ur in DSM...

10. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Saw it yesterday, very clean crisp look!