1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WTB 24" light

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by adampottebaum, Oct 13, 2009.

1. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    This light is for my 35 gallon hexagon seahorse tank. Right now I have 3 pc bulbs rigged up to stand off a piece of acrylic with a small fan on it. It's good enough, but looks incredibly tacky. The tank is actually 20" but I don't think they make too many fixtures that length.

Ideally I would like a 24" 4 bulb T5, but up for offers. Let me know if there's anything anyones lookin to get rid of...

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    That Aqua Medic Pendant should look pretty sexy on that seahorse tank. Glad we could work something out on that. The bulb in it might work for you, if not you just need a 150 watt DE HQI bulb. Radiums are nice but will set ya back $90, you could probably find one for alot less than that though.

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got a 20" sunpod of you're interested in getting one. I think I got about $150 into it. I'll sell it to you for that. It's got 12 LEDs for moonlights and I believe it's 150 watts. Nice and fully contained. It's in good shape. I can provide pics if you want.

--AJ

4. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hey thanks AJ, but I think Jeremy's got me set on it. I just got back from his place now. He sold me a 150 watt halide that I just got going on it. It looks pretty nice! I'm gonna start working on a better way to mount it, just wanted to say it looks good.

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice! Glad you found something.

--AJ

6. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hows that bulb look Adam?

7. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Pretty yellow. It's quite bright though. I'm thinking less than 10k... Prolly 6.5K

Anyone got an old 150 watt 20k hqi double ended bulb they're looking to get rid of? :)

Maybe I can get someone at the swap getting rid of bulbs to donate me one. I just want a little better look to the tank, don't need anything too nice. It's a 35 gallon tank with this 150 watts and the highest demanding light coral in that tank is probably the daisy polyps...I think it's enough light for them!

8. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    But just to make sure. As a bulb gets older it just looses intensity right? Will that work putting an old 20k bulb on it?

9. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Jeremy, just wanted you to know I plugged the fan in and it ran hard for about a minute, then basically shut off, when I put the probe by the lights it turned way back up. So looks like alteast that one works good! I guess we just needed to wait longer for it to kick in/out. I'll check the other one tomorrow and let you know how it works...

10. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Nice, glad at least one works like it should.