1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WTB 24" Dual 65W PC Light

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by jtesdall, Apr 28, 2009.

1. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have new bulbs (straigh pin) but my ballast is bad, or won't light these bulbs. Anyone have such a beast laying around?

2. fishyness

fishyness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have a coralife 2x 65 actinic-10,000k. used for about 3 weeks, now have HQI. even has a brand new 10,000k spare bulb
    http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produ...atid=12109
    I'd sell it for 125  ( the spare bulb cost me 22)
    It would even come with a small piece of wood!
    (I broke a leg on it the first day)
    I just found a post where I just got these. 3/20 so I used it about 2 weeks actually

3. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Would ballast and endcaps be ok or are u needing an entire fixture? I know about a workhorse 5 ballast with endcaps all wired up for a fair price. I bought one last week and he has 2 left and I'm getting one more if the other will work for u let me know illnpick both up.

4. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey joel, i'm the one with the workhorses so ya if you need one let jtown know, and him and i can arrange something to get it to ya.

5. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let me know on that skimmer chris if its going to work we can just do that trade i text you or ill just buy them both and split with joel. Ive got that one wired up with one 36w actinic on both side of my 175 that i got from you and its sooooooooo cool looking! Im going to wire the other one up with end caps right next to this one with 50/50 bulbs and should be perfect.

6. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Fishyness, that is a good deal. But I have a reflector so I am going to try the ballast route I think. Thanks.
    Chris, any chance you have run 2 Coralife 65W PC bulbs with that ballast? I have two ballast that should run these bulbs, but it seems they don't. Justin and I can figure out how to get together on these.

7. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no, they have run 2 coralife 55w actinics though heres the link, i'm not sure if it will work for you though cause it has a max of 128w....

http://www.fulham.com/Detail_Ballasts.php?ID=WH5-120-L

8. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Joel I thought it said 2x65 but correct me as im wrong... Is this not going to work for you then???

9. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well I don't know. Does anyone know if this will light these bulbs, it is only 2 watts shy. I have no idea though.

10. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I sent u an email... Bring those bulbs with u tomoro and u can swing by and plug them in. If the ballast wasn't mounted in my hood I'd bring it up to ur work. Sorry...

11. Phathead

Phathead Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yes it will light up with no problem. I have even before used 65 watt in 96 watt ballasts with no problem. So 2 watts wont matter