1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Wow, where`s all the excitement people?

Discussion in '2008' started by JB, Aug 27, 2008.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    This is really going to be a great event and I'm kinda surprised that more people aren't in here asking questions or getting fired up about it.
    With as much as I enjoyed our basic frag swap last year, I can't wait for this event.  I think it's going to be great.
    -JB

2. Garrett

Garrett Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am actually really excited about it. I just don't know that much about corals lol. When is it exactly? I just started setting up a 20g nano. Hopefully my tank is cycled and ready for corals by then.

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Nov 15th, cya there

4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeaaaaaaaa Hawwwwwww!!! This is gonna be awesome. Did you check out the Slash conference, that is the St Louis area conference? I would like to go but ours is gonna be so much better!!

5. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well Joel, I'm pretty excited about the upcoming event, and I think it's awesome that our committee has gotten such great speakers and raffle items!!   I would like to commend the people that have worked so hard to get this off the ground in such a positive way.
    Is there any information yet on what a "spot" will run and any of those details for members that are going to be selling?  I didn't think I would have anything to sell but as I move things from one tank to another I'm finding that I'm going to have quite a few frags and would like to get a selling spot.

6. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Robyn,

A seller spot is $50, but as a GIRS member, you get $5 off, and if you pre-register on the FallFest site, you get an additional $5 bringing it down to $40.

-JB

7. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hadn't looked at the site devoted to the Frag fest yet and I have to say it's very nice and very professional!!  Kudo's to whomever (plural I'm sure) put that one together.
    I noticed that the prices were much different on the preregisiter page than those that are listed on the first page.  I like the pre-registration prices better!  I also have to say that although I know this must have cost quite a bit to put together (venue, speakers, etc.) I'm afraid that the admittance fee will put some people off.  Are there going to be free goodies for those attending? 

8. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    There may be hand outs from vendors, but that will be up to them.

Registering early & being a member brings it down to $15, very reasonable for the type of event this will be.

9. JByrd

JByrd

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was curious if preregistering was also for attendees also just not for sellers. I think $15 for members is great considering I think it was 15 for non members last year and this is going to be an awesome time compared to last years at the rusty nail. Not to take anything away from last year but this has way more support.

10. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am very anxious to get the opportunity to listen to the list of speakers and personally feel that I will more than get my monies worth.  And I will certainly take advantage of the early sign up!
    This event is going to be pretty awesome and  the best one yet!!

11. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget to check out the fragging demos and all the vendors and hobbyists who will have corals for sale! I'm sure you'll find lots of nice stuff there. Plus all the raffle prizes! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

12. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think this event will be pretty awesome. I hope my new tank is done by then and ready for some new goodies. If the new tank isn't ready I'll still learn so much more from the speakers to make it more than worth it. $40 is not bad for selling hopefully will attract a ton of sellers. Any Idea yet if any major sellers are coming outside of hobbyists?

13. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One thing that I would like to say is this.  Although we have a great BOD and other committee members that have been working their tails off to get the lineup of speakers, the nice venue and an impressive list of items for the raffle we need to remember that this is OUR club and we ALL need to work to make this a success.  Each one of us needs to do something to make this a success 
    First of all attend!  When are you going to get the chance to see Anthony Calfo speak or some of the other really wonderful speakers??  It won't be easy for some that live a distance away, but it really will be worthwhile and the club needs the support of it's member and it's FOR the members that this is being held.  Secondly, figure out a way that you can make a difference, whether it's talking to other reefers and letting them know about the Fall Fest, setting up a booth, approaching a store or vendor that you know or frequent for raffle items, putting up posters (when they are available) , buying raffle tickets at the event, lots of things. None of the successful frag swaps got that way by accident.   This club gives ME a lot and I want to try and repay that in some small way.  I hope you all do too.   [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Wow nicely said Robyn!