1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Wow! What a difference a bulb makes.......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phishcrazee, Feb 15, 2008.

1. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So I put a new bulb in over the left side of my tank, a 14k 250 watt bulb from Current.  It replaced a
    250 Watt 14000K Metal Halide Bulb - Blue Life SPS (South Pacific Sunlight).  I know it's difficult to tell from the picture, but the Current bulb is soooooo blue!  Left of the tang in the new bulb and to the right is the old type of bulb.  The right side of my tank looks like natural sunlight, imo, and the other side has a very blueish tinge to it.  It really pops out some of the colors, but not sure I like it or not yet.  Will the blue coloring lessen as the bulb breaks in?
    [​IMG]

2. Coralfreak

Coralfreak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Every MH lamp is a little different, not sure what it will do.  It could get more "white" in it or more blue.  You'll know after a week or two.
    Either way, your tank looks nice.
    Allen

3. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't know about the bulb, but I love you tank. It's DORI!!! haha just kiddin.

4. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    On average they tend to go whiter, but I have never seen that bulb.

5. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Your tank is looking great Fawn! I need to come down and see it sometime soon!

6. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice tank as well.

7. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had that bulb in 150w HQI. I am still running one of them. My first opinion was that it was very blue. If I remember correctly, after a couple weeks it didn't seem as blue anymore...or at least you will get used to it. It definitely isn't as blue now, but it's 1.5 years old!

Nice yellow belly!!!

8. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    nice looking tank fawn, we just got a new bulb and it took some getting used to

9. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Saw the tank today in person and the left side is definitely more vibrant than the right. I personally like the slightly bluer tint Fawn...I think it brings out some of the colors better without being too actinicy (new word I just applied for a copyright on it!)