1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

worms... (not bristle)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jtown, May 5, 2009.

1. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so in my new tank ive been noticing at night there are a few worms roaming the rock work and never ssen or heard of them before. They arent bristle or fire worms but look more like a regular old night crawler. They are brownish tan and literally look just like a bait worm or night crawler... There are alos those little mini snails that only come out at night which I have in both tanks and wondered of those are pests of pets???  anybody ever heard of or saw these fellas???

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They are called peanut worms. I have a bunch too. The are pretty good scavengers and don't do any harm to your tank.

3. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a bunch of those too. I always get a handful that end up in my carbon filter that I have to pick out and drop back into the tank before cleaning it.

4. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What about those little snails that creep out at night? Are those bad? The have little flat shells almost and are really small. I've heard ppl talk about em but don't remember if they are a pest or ok???

5. Reefdumb

Reefdumb Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I belive the snails you are talking about are pyramid snails