1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

    See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Word of Caution

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Shaun, Jan 26, 2009.

  1. Shaun

    Shaun Inactive User

    +0 / 0 / -0
    Three time now I have tried to buy a bigger tank from people here and three times now at the last minute "somebody has offered more money" so I lost out all three times. The lesson I have learned is simple if you have to wait more than a few hours before being able to pick things up then do not buy. My only saving grace is that I did not start to tear down my 55 to make room for the 75 I was suppose to get this last time. I have now went else where to get a 100 gallon acrylic tank and will be rearranging my home to make room for it. Basically take EXTREME caution when working out deals on stuff that you do not see before you buy and cannot go right over to pick it up. Shaun
  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    +0 / 0 / -0
    Shaun, i believe you are refering to the deal we had and you let me know you wanted the tank a little over a month in advance. I said i could not hold it for you because of having fear of the deal falling through, and someone did come along with the cash to pick it up. I guess i am saying that if you are trying to buy something, make sure you have the money up front, you cant expect someone to hold onto things when they dont know you are going to purchase the tank expecially when someone else comes before you do.
  3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

    +3 / 0 / -0
    It's up to buyer and seller to agree on the terms of any sale or transaction.

    I'm going to lock this thread because I'm guessing it will get out of hand otherwise. If you guys have issues you need to settle, please take it to private messages.



Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.