1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Wills 150 - in progress + pics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bobov50, Oct 26, 2011.

1. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That thought has crossed my mind i am going to stock up on clean socks and make it a regular weekly changing process. I know the socks can clog up really fast but i make it a point to check on my tank daily sometimes hourly lol but if a over flow does happen i hope it is in the basement.

2. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    The light spread looks very good Will /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif The Fiji rock looks good as well as the rockscaping! I'm sure you're just tickled pink that the tank is so much bigger than the 75! A couple years growth and a 75 is ready to be used as a sump for a larger tank! LOL I'm really enjoying your build so keep updating Will! :+)

3. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In a world with so much food what is it like being the only blue leg hermit crab ? ... heaven!
    [​IMG]
    few updates for you guys the tank is doing great the hair algae spike is on a downward spiral my cheato has more then tripled in size couple of days i will be trimming it back. My Skimmer is pulling out some very nice thick green skimate and i have seeded the tank with pods that are on a steady increase so all in all things are going well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Some time since i last posted any pics hope you all enjoy!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Andy The Reef Guy

Andy The Reef Guy Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow! I love EVERYTHING about this build and about this thread! What a hell of a long build up, but excellent attention to detail, clean utility allocation, utilitarian equipment being used in the basement where looks don't matter. Super, super, really nice job. I've got tank envy!

6. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thank you andy! comments like that make the hard work and large amounts of money spent all worth it /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

7. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Job well done Will! Great job!

8. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This build is officially over tank is currently shut down (sad face) I moved and was unable to care for the tank but stay tuned I will be posting most of the equipment up for sale.

9. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Bunner

10. Fultsreef

Fultsreef Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i just read this thread post by post and looked at every aspect of all of your photos...this thread is amazing, the build you did on tank and all the plumbing etc. is spectacular. the appearance of this tank is very show quality. good job and a big thank you for sharing your build with us!

11. bobov50

bobov50

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Im glad you all found this thread to be helpful i wish i could continue it on maybe some day long from now i will be able too. as i posted yesterday i will be selling most of the equipment the tank and stand will not be included. but here is what i have right now i will also post a thread in the buyselltrade.

4 black AI sol blues they are mint and used since May

SRO int 5000 Skimmer used since May

MP40 Sale pending pickup

Neptune Apex sale pending

GFO/Car reactor sale pending pick up

Reflo barracuda External Pump

12. Fultsreef

Fultsreef Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    sorry to hear you are getting out of the hobby...maybe the future will allow you to make another reef someday. i would possibly be interested in your octopus 5000...i think it may be overkill on my 120 though...let me read on it a little and i will get back with you shortly.

13. Fultsreef

Fultsreef Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i will pass on the octopus 5000...i want a larger skimmer then what i have but think a 5000 will be counter-productive